Sergino Dest (loaned to PSV)

Richard.H

No posts in this thread?? I thought he had a phenomenal first half and was the second player with balls after Messi. Wrongfully subbed

Bobo32

No posts in this thread?? I thought he had a phenomenal first half and was the second player with balls after Messi. Wrongfully subbed

Didn't see it, but won't argue with you, maybe you are right?
I saw a couple of clear mistakes by him, and him being out of place and failing to help in defence on a few occasions, but didn't really follow him enough.

xXKonan

Was one of the few players that actually had his head on straight and wanted to at least try stuff.

Not sure why he was subbed.

Rivaldo96

No-one can compete with Alves but at least he seems to know how to move the ball forward and he can improve in every aspect given his age.

BBZ8800

Laplacian will tell me that I am a contrarian, but I am failing to see at what Dest good is.

Pace? Average
Dribbles? Average
Physique? Average
Defending? Bad

I thought that I am missing something after reading comments here so I checked his stats:
Real Madrid: 46 mins, 0 tackles, 0 interceptions, 0 key passes, 0 dribbles
Villareal: 46 mins, 0 tackles, 0 interceptions, 0 key passes, 0 dribbles
Valencia: 75 mins, 0 tackles, 0 interceptions, 0 key passes, 0 dribbles
Atletico: 75 mins, 2 tackles, 1 interception, 0 key passes, 2 dribbles

Total, last 240 minutes:
2 tackles
1 interception
0 key passes
2 dribbles

He played around 2400 mins in La Liga and CL and has 1 assist.

Before checking stats, my impression about him was: meh in everything, better than Semedo in attack, very bad in defense.
Yet in attack, it always seems that he is trying to do something but his final ball is horrible.
He either loses the ball while trying to dribble or playing 1-2s, and if he gets into a position for a cross, he usually sends a cross straight into an opponent.

I know that he is young, but for now he is neither good nor bad.
A lot of effort with extremely low end product.

Gnidrologist

Dest is good example of Koemans double standards against young players. Pedri, who has been weak for a while now is paying full or almost full match every time, while Dest being subbed off early, because reasons. He was clearly better player, but there you go.

mc_lovin

Dest is good example of Koemans double standards against young players. Pedri, who has been weak for a while now is paying full or almost full match every time, while Dest being subbed off early, because reasons. He was clearly better player, but there you go.

I am pretty sure Dest has fitness issues (or minor discomforts). From what I have read.

Bobo32

I am pretty sure Dest has fitness issues (or minor discomforts). From what I have read.

Yes. I don't think he is a good long term option for Barcelona, and I don't think he has impressed very much, but it seems to me he has been used wrongly by Koeman. I think with a new coaching staff he can play much better, by giving him a different role, the team a different structure, not playing him when he's half dead, and I think Koeman threw him under the bus in a bad way after some of his games, maybe killing his self-confidence...

Home of Barca Fans