Sergiño Dest (loaned to PSV)

Bobo32

Jordi Alba at LB is better than Paolo Maldini at LB?
[MENTION=29755]Bobo32[/MENTION]

Maybe not... Very different types, it's a bit strange to compare Maldini to Marcelo and say that both are clearly better than Alba. None of them would score that brilliant goal in 2012 for example. They do very different things and Alba has played so well together with Messi since arriving.

malvolio

This could apply to his appearance at Messi's farewell speech as well ironically.

The man shouldn't have been permitted to enter the building that day. What a moron.

Jordi Alba at LB is better than Paolo Maldini at LB?
[MENTION=29755]Bobo32[/MENTION]

Tbf Maldini and others of his era or before him, filled a different role as a fullback. Today's top fullbacks are more in the mould of what Roberto Carlos was. That's why guys like Marcelo and Alba were successful, even though defensively they aren't that good.

Of course Maldini is on another level, but for multiple other reasons. Attacking wise, he was not as good as Marcelo or Alba.

Catta

Thanks for new signature Bobo.

So far we have

...Jordi Alba is the best LB the club ever had, and maybe the best the sport ever had...

...Koeman was a suspect defender, who closed his eyes and shot very powerfully one time in a cup final...

...Arthur is more unpredictable than Xavi...

...Puig is a top 5 midfielder in the world...

...Pique should play RB...

I probably forgot some of his quotes. And yet this guy thinks he is some kind of football mastermind, I wouldn't be surprised if he never watched a game in his life, only highlights on youtube.

Bobo32

So far we have

...Jordi Alba is the best LB the club ever had, and maybe the best the sport ever had...

...Koeman was a suspect defender, who closed his eyes and shot very powerfully one time in a cup final...

I probably forgot some of his quotes. And yet this guy thinks he is some kind of football mastermind, I wouldn't be surprised if he never watched a game in his life, only highlights on youtube.

If you call them quotes, you should find them and show them, because it is very ugly behaviour to misquote. Half of these are false.

aragorn

So far we have

The bolded part ain't a hyperbole really; Arthur's unprofessional behavior has indeed been quite unpredictable

Bobo32

You could make a good argument he is the best LB we ever had. But Best ever that's just crazy talk.

If it's such crazy talk I'd want a list of 10-20 players that are clearly better, and not just the very predictable Maldini, Carlos and Marcelo - who surely could be said to be better than Alba, but it's not that clear. Maldini was worse offensively and a completely different type, Marcelo is worse defensively, and Carlos is very over rated.

Messigician

If it's such crazy talk I'd want a list of 10-20 players that are clearly better, and not just the very predictable Maldini, Carlos and Marcelo - who surely could be said to be better than Alba, but it's not that clear. Maldini was worse offensively and a completely different type, Marcelo is worse defensively, and Carlos is very over rated.

Ok I'll go

Fachettini
Cole
Marcelo
Roberto Carlos
Lahm
Ruud Krol
Zanetti
Zambrotta

I take any of these over alba

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Wasn't so long ago people were fixated on calling him the next Dani Alves. He's not even an improvement over Sergi Roberto atm

Home of Barca Fans