Sergiño Dest (loaned to PSV)

serghei

I think the biggest surprise by me is how stable he is defensively.

At Ajax, he was definitely not great at defending but here he's been solid.

He has the basics for a top class player on both front. Looks quick, good passer, and pretty aggressive, and also creative with dribbling and shooting. Quite the package. Out of everybody we had, he looks closest to Alves profile-wise.

I can see why Bayern were pissed about losing him to us.

I'd try Roberto - De Jong as a midfield 2 and keep Dest as RB when Roberto is back. Neither of Busi, Pjanic, and Pedri convinces me as the partner of De Jong.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
TBH kid already seems more of a net benefit than Semedo ever was and 7 years younger.

Then again, we'll see how he responds when he's thrown under the bus as much as the former

soul24rage

He has the basics for a top class player on both front. Looks quick, good passer, and pretty aggressive, and also creative with dribbling and shooting. Quite the package. Out of everybody we had, he looks closest to Alves profile-wise.

I can see why Bayern were pissed about losing him to us.

I'd try Roberto - De Jong as a midfield 2 and keep Dest as RB when Roberto is back. Neither of Busi, Pjanic, and Pedri convinces me as the partner of De Jong.

For me, a fresh Pedri is a good partner for DJ as I don't trust Bob when he's being pressed on the ball and he's a player who does better with acres of space.

FinBarcelonafan

TBH kid already seems more of a net benefit than Semedo ever was and 7 years younger.

Then again, we'll see how he responds when he's thrown under the bus as much as the former

So true. We sold Semedo at the right time. He was never going to become anything special for us.

khaled_a_d

I think the biggest surprise by me is how stable he is defensively.

At Ajax, he was definitely not great at defending but here he's been solid.

This is a Barca trend.
Semedo was supposed to be atracking fullback, same with Digne and both were more defensive here.

serghei

This is a Barca trend.
Semedo was supposed to be atracking fullback, same with Digne and both were more defensive here.

Portuguese Liga is not very reliable in terms of attacking talent. It's an offensive league with modest defensive teams. It's easy to look offensive playing for Porto/Benfica/Sporting in Portugal, considering the low-level opposition you face.

I liked Semedo personally, but Dest looks like an upgrade.

xXKonan

I was someone who was a bit wary of Dest and wanted Emerson more.

But now? we made the right choice. Emerson seems more of a Physical RB while Dest is the more technical one of the two.

Home of Barca Fans