Sergino Dest (loaned to PSV)

LABarcaFan

Ajax rejected a 20m offer from Bayern in January, but are open to negotiate a possible departure in the summer.

With Semedo likely to get sold and Real Betis claiming they have Emerson until 2021, Barca should take a look at him.

[tw]1224041680157978626[/tw]

If Ajax has rejected 20 m. offer they may ask for 40 m. from Barcelona and that is extremely unacceptable. Even 20 mil is kind of high price for a 19 y.o. youngster.

LABarcaFan

^
we still have Semedo. We should sell other players instead of trying to sell him. I think he is good enough.

Didn't you get the latest news?

Semedo to City, Cancelo to Inter and Lautaro to Barca? Semedo, Todibo and Arthur are all in the market just to accommodate that God damn trade with Inter.
Semedo should not leave Brcelona. Yes, he is good enough to be a stsrter. He is a lot better player than Dest, Cancelo or Emerson.

LABarcaFan

Think it really depends on how the coach would use him.

I would assume Roberto would be the starter as Dest is still young and inexperienced. While it is true that Seiten seems to have sidelined Roberto in favor of Semedo at RB, I highly doubt he would risk making Dest an automatic starter over someone like Roberto straight off the bat.

Don't we have Wague as eventual sub at RB? Why we have to pay 30-40 m. for this 19 y.o. kid then?

Riordon

I think we will be better off with Cancelo. Before football stopped, I watched Ajax couple of times and dont think he is anywhere near the level right now IMO.

Just do the Cancelo + money for Semedo deal.

LABarcaFan

He's going to likely get sold in the summer.

So let them sell him. Why we have to care about it? Unreal price for 19 y.o. kid. I am sick and tired of this kind of over-rated players. Stay away.
Eventually trading Semedo for Cancelo plus cash make sense if the latest will go to Inter. We have to wait and see how that will turn out.

xXKonan

Dest is a talented player as I said, but this is a team that is really demanding on the fullbacks especially if they end up struggling tactically and mentally on the field.

It's tough, the Fullback position these days is basically what the team has experienced with GK's post the Zubi era before Valdes came in and took the spot, it became a graveyard of trying to find that right player. With Dest assuming we do go for him if Semedo leaves, I just hope if he comes he realizes how harsh things could get if he's not up for the task.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Alphonso Davies only played in the MLS and cost Bayern 12 + different add-ons that could go up to 20m.

Having Dest and Emerson as our RB options from 2021 would be fine for me.

And he's not going to cost 30, 40m.

Now if we could do some smart, good signings for the LB position it would be much appreciated.

LABarcaFan

The only reason to go for a RB would be if Semedo is sold. We have more dire needs.

The real reason to go for this guy is that Semedo will be included in the package for Lautaro (Semedo, Vidal plus cash) DonAK is mentioning about 26 m. buy-out, but I just checked "sofifa.com" and they are showing that his release clause is just 6.6 M. Fantastic price tag for 19 y.o. So it looks like your guy is coming to Barca. Now, if we can buy one solid CD and DM I will fell better for the next season.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

The real reason to go for this guy is that Semedo will be included in the package for Lautaro (Semedo, Vidal plus cash)

Semedo is on the market regardless of other deals. He has 2 years left on contract, so basically this is the last year for us to get fair deal for him. Next year we sell him on discount and another season we lose him for free.

Contract renewal was put on hold and it seems both parties aren't even close to their valuation. He asked Mendes to look for another team.

Club can always keep him and ask him to honour his contract, but he isn't really a top notch player to worth this trouble and it seems better to cash on him and bet on younger talents.

Andresito

Staff member
DonAK is mentioning about 26 m. buy-out, but I just checked "sofifa.com" and they are showing that his release clause is just 6.6 M. Fantastic price tag for 19 y.o. So it looks like your guy is coming to Barca.

giphy.gif

This guy surely must be a troll..

Messi983

Now if we could do some smart, good signings for the LB position it would be much appreciated.

Agreed. Who would you sign for that position though? There were recent rumours about Pervis Estupinan who I like but at 22 he has only played for smaller La Liga/Segunda teams so far so I doubt he'd ever be good enough. Another one is Michal Karbownik who is a 19 yo midfielder converted to a LB a year or so ago so not much experience at the position and he's also right-footed which isn't ideal for a LB. He would be cheap so maybe he's still worth a risk. Buy and send him on loan to Betis for two years and see how he'll do. Or just buy a winger from MLS and convert him, maybe we'll get lucky as Bayern did with Davies.

Personally I wouldn't mind swapping Semedo for Alaba who would be a serious competition for Alba for next few years and could eventually phase him out of the team. Then we'd have 2-3 more years to find our potential longterm LB. But this is very unlikely so next season I'd just stay with what we have and give more minutes to Firpo who could do better in a full year under his former coach.

Home of Barca Fans