Sergiño Dest (loaned to PSV)

malvolio

He is a very poor defender, a headless chicken. Time and time again he gets caught out of position and is unable to be in sync with his defensive colleagues. Won't mention the technical side of his defensive ability.

This is a guy who wasn't a starter for Ajax and we still splashed good money.

The attacking side of his game is better but nothing to write home about.

Koeman, Xavi, injuries, the weather, the pitch etc. None of that was/is the issue with him. He's just mediocre at best.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Emerson is not close to being good enough for Barca. I like him since he seem like a genuine guy who was a huge Barca fan so in that sense it would have been nice for him to get a chance but selling him was absolutely the right decision to make, and it'll be the same if someone offers us 20-25m for Dest.

Dest has potential, but he's not some special talent and gets injured a lot and doesn't seem to be a very bright player in general.

Sell him and spend that money on someone like Pedro Porro if possible.

Messi983

Emerson is not close to being good enough for Barca. I like him since he seem like a genuine guy who was a huge Barca fan so in that sense it would have been nice for him to get a chance but selling him was absolutely the right decision to make, and it'll be the same if someone offers us 20-25m for Dest.

Dest has potential, but he's not some special talent and gets injured a lot and doesn't seem to be a very bright player in general.

Sell him and spend that money on someone like Pedro Porro if possible.

He might not be good enough longterm but has shown much more so far in his career to believe he can be a good RB than Dest. And he would no doubt be by far our best RB right now (I know this doesn't mean a lot in a team where Araujo is arguably the best RB). At least with him and Araujo we would have some good athleticism on the right side of defense and he also has the right mentality.

Don't see Sporting selling Porro this summer unless somene bids 30m+ which I don't think we will. Not sure if he's better than Emerson either tbh and would need to adapt to a 4 man defense as is mostly playing as a wing back in a 3-5-2/3-4-3 now.

Joan

The club would apparently take as little as 17m for him. I'm not surprised.

But he refuses to leave.

Gnidrologist

He just smokes weed, dude.
But he was actually very good in that "good xaviball" period. I remember him recovering pretty much every ball on his side, overwhelming forwards with his pace. Not being shabby in attack too, good dribbling and link up. Don't know why Xavi wants all these old geezers instead.

Messi983

Sergi?o Dest will stay at Barcelona. Xavi wants Dest and Azpilicueta for the right-back position.— @sport

Looks like no offers for him.

gregorrin10

Sergi?o Dest will stay at Barcelona. Xavi wants Dest and Azpilicueta for the right-back position.? @sport

Perfect depth. Dest can learn a lot from Azpi in these 2-3 years and hopefully becomes a regular starter for us. And then in a couple of years when Azpi goes, we buy Arnau Martinez to compete with Dest.

Nazario1985

Perfect depth. Dest can learn a lot from Azpi in these 2-3 years and hopefully becomes a regular starter for us. And then in a couple of years when Azpi goes, we buy Arnau Martinez to compete with Dest.

So basically we are investing on someone we know need to be replaced as soon as possible ?

Waste of time Azpi is 32 years we need a good potential to learn from him as fast as possible.

Dest is a talentless, nightclub prone prick.

Nobody will ever buy this shit from us.

I feel the club will be stupid again and renew him before his contract runs off.

serghei

I say we are gonna see better output from some players with an improved squad. And now the underachieving players will have no excuse.

It is a very good scenario for the team. The players will be under serious pressure, but at the same time they will have better chances to rise up to the challenge and prove they belong here.

That is what you want. Pressure that is legitimate because you also have a team to hit the desired levels.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans