The Ramón Calderón Memorial Thread

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
It is easy to forget all the hilarity that Ramon Calderon brought to La Liga in the years that he managed to keep hold of his job. The man who lied, cheated ballots and generally made George Bush look like Bob Geldoff. However, for me, his best achievement (if that is the right word) was his constant empty promises of players that never ever materialised.

In memory of the great mouth and in expectation of more drivel eminating from the Burnacow, over the summer I intend to post here all the promises or approaches that are made by Baron Von Greenback and his cronies that don't actually happen.

I would encourage all cules to do the same. Let us lie back, top up our cocktails and enjoy the summer's entertainment from Madrid.

:flagvl8:

Last edited:

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
The first name on the list has to be Wenger. He was their number one target and they couldn't get him so they opted for Pellegrini (after being told to do one by Mourinho and Ancelotti).

A good start I am sure you agree.

Andrew M

I didn't think they approached Mourinho or Ancelotti as the public polls results weren't too favourable of the two....

Beast

The Observer
unfortunately Perez is 100 % times smarter then you

he never PROMISED WENGER... so it's Perez 1 - Sunny 0 :p

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Well we are not the Spanish media and the easily led Madristas so we know he approached him and his offer has rejected.

Beast

The Observer
Well we are not the Spanish media and the easily led Madristas so we know he approached him and his offer has rejected.

well you also can't hold a man for what other speculated .. you know you can't hold anything on Perez.. he is much more smarter then Calderon.. when he open his mouth it will all be done & dusted.. so far he promised nothing / promised no one.. and signed Pellegerini

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Valdano has already said that they offered it to Wenger and he didn't accept. So it stays. You got your third choice Coach.

Beast

The Observer
Valdano has already said that they offered it to Wenger and he didn't accept. So it stays. You got your third choice Coach.

offered it is something.. PROMISED IT or SAID HE iS COMING is a totally different matter.. so it stays Perez 1 - Sunny 0
so far Perez didn't promise anything he didn't do

(Can't believe you're pushing me to defend him Biatch )

Beast

The Observer
nope ,to quote you

was his constant empty promises of players that never ever materialised.

Sunny 0 - Florentino Perez 1

if it's not a promise or a declaration it doesn't count..

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I intend to post here all the promises or approaches that are made by Baron Von Greenback and his cronies that don't actually happen.

I would encourage all cules to do the same. Let us lie back, top up our cocktails and enjoy the summer's entertainment from Madrid.

:flagvl8:

It stays..punto.

Beast

The Observer
has to be confirmed by all parties to be counted as approach.. THINKING about someone doesn't count

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
thinking and leaking their names out to the public does...

its perez' style... to use the media to his advantage by publicly declaring his targets and then watch the target create a furore at his club...

Home of Barca Fans