Spanish Super Cup

JamDav1982

Its not that he has been bad, really, its that it was a uneccessary signing, considering we had Reguilon/Theo.

Fairly sure he was the latest Real signing to be overhyped not too long ago.

Looked same as did back then. Limited going forward.

Morten

Fairly sure he was the latest Real signing to be overhyped not too long ago.

Looked same as did back then. Limited going forward.

I stand by my claims he did quite well last season, though it can also be true we didnt need a new LB in the first place.

JamDav1982

I stand by my claims he did quite well last season, though it can also be true we didnt need a new LB in the first place.

Last season he looked decent defensively but miles off a top attacking full back which they almost all have to be these days.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Both Reguillon and Theo Hernandez are much more inventive going forward. Guess Zidane likes Mendy for his defensive stability.

JamDav1982

Both Reguillon and Theo Hernandez are much more inventive going forward. Guess Zidane likes Mendy for his defensive stability.

Which is strange as his success last time in large part came down to constant delivery from full backs if teams sat deep.

Granted had Ronaldo then but still seem to cross it a fair bit but without Ronaldo and a full back like Mendy.

Morten

Well, there is always the buy-back clause for Reguilon, though that one will never be activated if Zidane is here, even if Mendy fails to improve going forward.

Joan

Yeah, it's a stark change of direction going from Marcelo ('s type of a player) to Mendy.

Mendy is a solid player, no doubt, but could/should offer more.

El Gato

Villarato!
Which is strange as his success last time in large part came down to constant delivery from full backs if teams sat deep.

Granted had Ronaldo then but still seem to cross it a fair bit but without Ronaldo and a full back like Mendy.

Shows you exactly what the issue is - look who is on the other end of the Mendy cross.

Home of Barca Fans