Spanish Super Cup

michelco

Barca and Real get 9 ME each for participating. Valencia get less than 3 ME despite being Cup champions. They have lodged an official complaint to take the issue to court. Rumours about Valencia boycotting the whole thing as it plays in La liga the 5th of January and are required to travel to Suadi Arabia and play Real on the 8th with not much rest and significantly lower economic incentive than its rival

soul24rage

Barca and Real get 9 ME each for participating. Valencia get less than 3 ME despite being Cup champions. They have lodged an official complaint to take the issue to court. Rumours about Valencia boycotting the whole thing as it plays in La liga the 5th of January and are required to travel to Suadi Arabia and play Real on the 8th with not much rest and significantly lower economic incentive than its rival

That's just a disgrace from the organization.

FinBarcelonafan

Yeah that's bullshit. Pay all the teams the same.

soul24rage

Yeah that's bullshit. Pay all the teams the same.

or better yet, just remove ATM and RM. It'll reduce the $ that Barca and Valencia would get, but it would sicken me if the Madrid teams were to win this competition when they didn't win La Liga or the Copa del Rey.

Gnidrologist

Ah so they came up with a scam that inserts teams that don't even technically have right to super cup. :rubbinghandsintensifies:

Andresito

Staff member
What a mickey mouse cup this has turned into. I wonder how happy the Madrid teams will be if they win, knowing they weren't even close to winning Liga or Copa last year.

We shouldn't prioritise this, doing so will probably cost us in the long run.

JohnN

Just play the B team. No problem if we lost playing with our reserves, our main rivals may not see it that way, go all for it and get tired in the process. Win Win!

Andresito

Staff member
Just play the B team. No problem if we lost playing with our reserves, our main rivals may not see it that way, go all for it and get tired in the process. Win Win!

The Saudis most definitely inserted a star players-clause. Money will prevent teams from playing with the reserves. :papaperez:

JohnN

If so, let's make sure to play Rakitic, Busquets, Vidal and Sergi Roberto. All star players according to Valverde.

FinBarcelonafan

or better yet, just remove ATM and RM. It'll reduce the $ that Barca and Valencia would get, but it would sicken me if the Madrid teams were to win this competition when they didn't win La Liga or the Copa del Rey.

I wonder how much LaLiga nets from this. Must be a lot to come up with such a bullshit plan.

Home of Barca Fans