Thread: Dinamo Zagreb

Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik View Post
    So yesterday was their first win?
    No.
    These are numbers from the last few seasons, when they were losing all matches.
    Dinamo played in a CL a few times in late 90s and then didn't play for roughly 10 years.
    In 90s, they were good, but they had a different name from 1993-2000 during and after a war in Croatia: NK Croatia Zagreb.
    For example, Champions league 1998/99:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998...ampions_League

They finished 2nd in a group stage infront of Porto and Ajax, but back then only a 1st placed team went through and some 2nd placed teams.
    Barca was, for example, 3rd in their group that season and got KO'd in a group stage by Bayern and Man Utd who later again played in a final (1:2 for Man Utd in the last 2 minutes).

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raketa10 View Post
    This might sound strange but I am 100% sure Bjelica is a coach who can manage any top tier football team. He is THAT good! He is a fantastic tactician, has a great personality and he speaks Spanish, German, English, Italian and French. To be fair apart from Olmo he is the biggest star of this team! Fantastic manager!
    Absolutely. Proud to have him

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orsiiic

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two or three days ago, Mamic brothers went to prison, and tonight they knock out Tottenham. Absolutely mental situation. It seems that gave the players the extra motivation.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    Two or three days ago, Mamic brothers went to prison, and tonight they knock out Tottenham. Absolutely mental situation. It seems that gave the players the extra motivation.
    Not really Zoran was there, celebrating with the boys after the match and Zdravko is still in Medjugorje. I don't think the players have anything 'against' the brothers. In the end, it's their Dinamo who did it. Will count as the biggest success of the Mamic era.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was watching the game vs. Tottenham in a hut in the Rhodope Mountains after hiking, on satellite TV you know, a fireplace, drinking wine and my whole crew rooting for Dinamo to turn this around. The third goal was a really special moment. I love it when Eastern Europe clubs upset the giants. And then they go threatening UEFA they want to form a Superleague, because they have a huge fanbase, thinking they deserve this lifetime right to play in this stupid supreme league because they are popular in South Korea or somewhere else in Asia. The fans don't matter, the players on the pitch do and that's the beauty of the game.