23 - Jules Kounde

Givenchy

These past two summers are really showcasing the financial struggles of the LaLiga big two. You can realise how Flo and Laporta have a close relationship right now because we need to figure something out together.

Could the two trademark the Clasico for example and sell it as a World Series best of 5 series perhaps? Because they need something other than the ESL with a supporting cast of fckin' Juventus.

Gonna be hard to hype up el Clasico when the worlds best players are gravitating to the PL.

stb_1

Him going to Chelsea so Madrid loses out, win.
Him going to Madrid and Madrid beating out Chelsea and the EPL etc. to prove that La Liga has still got "it", win.

Win-win. :coffee:

You just know Perez will pull something off like Mbappe, Camavinga, Pogba and Goeretzka for free and Haaland for ?70M next summer.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You just know Perez will pull something off like Mbappe, Camavinga, Pogba and Goeretzka for free and Haaland for ?70M next summer.

Yeah. They have got the money to cover the signings, just not sure wages-wise if they have a lot of room to accommodate them.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
They will have moved a lot of big wages on by then. Ramos, Bale, Modric, Varane (+ fee).

Yeah. Though I doubt they will get both Mbappe and Haaland but they have got the money.

The only upside from this is that it will force us to replenish our squad and up our game (including our financial game) too.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Looks Chelsea bound now

Dont know wtf the board are doing that they're not convincing him and agent to wait a year since he was clearly interested. If we're not in for him I can only assume we're saving for others. Or we're completely broke and can't afford him either way.

You're skint mate.

We all are.

Wonder if you have buyer's regret regarding Alaba now though. He got a pretty hefty package in a time you were trying to convince Varane to take a paycut to help the club out :lol:

El Gato

Villarato!
No, the regret is only that Rafa seems to would have preferred leaving than getting the Alaba salary anyway. Wasn't gonna happen either way in Covid era since club has to sell someone to make even a smidge of cashflow for next summer budget.

Fucking horrendous timing this pandemic. Can it fuck off already so we can get back to seeing some fans pay for an overpriced Bernabeu sandwich?

El Gato

Villarato!
So Monchi now saying Chelsea didn't make an offer yet. Didn't Kounde rumors start before they got stuck in Lukaku deal? Wonder if it's clear cut they'll sign both or if that's off the table for now

Messi983

Di Marzio reported yesterday Kounde is close to Chelsea for 50m. I'd expect Monchi to demand more (unless they'd get another Chelsea player included in the deal; no rumours about that so just my speculation). They've paid 25m for him two years ago and 25% of fee goes to Bordeaux so not really much profit for them. Romano on the other hand says clubs are still negotiating but Chelsea wants to sell Zouma to West Ham (there are some issues with agents so that deal could be in danger though) before making their final official bid for Kounde.

also, Sevilla is targeting Sven Botman as Kounde's replacement.

Andresito

Staff member
Di Marzio reported yesterday Kounde is close to Chelsea for 50m. I'd expect Monchi to demand more (unless they'd get another Chelsea player included in the deal; no rumours about that so just my speculation). They've paid 25m for him two years ago and 25% of fee goes to Bordeaux so not really much profit for them. Romano on the other hand says clubs are still negotiating but Chelsea wants to sell Zouma to West Ham (there are some issues with agents so that deal could be in danger though) before making their final official bid for Kounde.

also, Sevilla is targeting Sven Botman as Kounde's replacement.

From 1.78 m to 1.95 m.

khaled_a_d

They've paid 25m for him two years ago and 25% of fee goes to Bordeaux so not really much profit for them.

In 99% if the cases that is just inaccurate lazy report.
Clubs don't get percentage of future sale but from future profit. In such case Bordeaux gets paid 25% of the difference Seville got. That is around 6.25. They still get 18.75 of profit during a market hit by covid.

Messi983

In 99% if the cases that is just inaccurate lazy report.
Clubs don't get percentage of future sale but from future profit. In such case Bordeaux gets paid 25% of the difference Seville got. That is around 6.25. They still get 18.75 of profit during a market hit by covid.

Yeah, I know. And his value on the books is only around 15m so they could actually get close to 30m profit. Still believe they could get more though. I know Kounde wants to join Chelsea but from what I've read he'll be respectful with Sevilla's decision not to sell him if they don't get a good enough offer.

Also don't think they actually need to sell him under what Monchi considers a fair price. Sure, they've invested 38m in new players (Rafa Mir, Montiel, Delaney, Augustinsson) but also sold Bryan Gil for 25m. Don't know what plans they have in other positions (they apparently still want another winger and even if Kounde stays probably need another CB as well) but if they'll go for Botman he probably won't be available for less than 30m.

Another thing to consider is this season is probably as good a chance as they'll ever get to win La Liga. And selling Kounde in last week of August replacing him with someone who will need time to adapt to the team could cost them some points. But either way I think Monchi knows what he's doing and has plans for both scenarios (Kounde staying or leaving).

Home of Barca Fans