23 - Jules Kounde

Sooke

So if not looking for overlaps and tireless runs up n down a la Alves, could even use a CB who's forte is defense... preferably a tall one with good vertical leap for added strength in set pieces :thinking:

or maybe prof. Xavier will go 3 at the back mutant mode

Exactly. In that regard, Azpilicueta would be a perfect choice as he can play equally well as a right back and center back. The problem is his age (32) and for that reason I think we should look somewhere else to fill that spot. There is a whole lot of traditional full backs in South America for example and our scouting department should start looking there.

Sooke

����| Chelsea are READY to pay 80M for Frenkie De Jong. Once this transfer is completed, FC Barcelona will sign Bernardo Silva. @LluisMascaro

Chelsea and United are willing to pay that money but they refuse to pay an extra 20 million that Barca owes him because of a pay-cuts during the Covid. That amount is the actual reason Frankie may end up in Barcelona.

Sooke

So if not looking for overlaps and tireless runs up n down a la Alves, could even use a CB who's forte is defense... preferably a tall one with good vertical leap for added strength in set pieces :thinking:

or maybe prof. Xavier will go 3 at the back mutant mode

Yes. That is exactly what we need. I strongly doubt Xavi will adopt 3 - 5 - 2 or 3 - 4 - 3 formations. He is an old school guy who does believe ONLY in a possessional football. As an RB option right now, we have Dest and S.Roberto and none of them is a defensive force. Absolutely the same is the situation on the left, Alba and Balde. Even the eventual arrival of M.Alonso will not change anything. Xavi has to understand that most of our problems at the back line came from the flanks, not only the CB's. Instead of chasing Bernardo Silva it will be better if we look for two defensive full backs. That of course is just my opinion.

Zidane82

Yes. That is exactly what we need. I strongly doubt Xavi will adopt 3 - 5 - 2 or 3 - 4 - 3 formations. He is an old school guy who does believe ONLY in a possessional football. As an RB option right now, we have Dest and S.Roberto and none of them is a defensive force. Absolutely the same is the situation on the left, Alba and Balde. Even the eventual arrival of M.Alonso will not change anything. Xavi has to understand that most of our problems at the back line came from the flanks, not only the CB's. Instead of chasing Bernardo Silva it will be better if we look for two defensive full backs. That of course is just my opinion.

When have we EVER had defensive minded fullbacks ?

Sooke

When have we EVER had defensive minded fullbacks ?

Almost never. But that does not mean we can't have a pair now. My point for that is this.
Laporta is working hard to bring in B.Silva. With him and Pedri/Torre we will have enough attacking midfielders who can bring the ball from our backline to the front 3. That is what they do, right? OK. We also have Dembele, Raphinha, A.Fati and F.Torres at the wings. They are all creative wingers who need pace to run. Why will we need then a full-back like Alba or D.Alves? With this roster, the way it is created, we will benefit much more from defensive full backs who can secure the flanks.

jamrock

Did some way when have we had a defensive minded FB?.
Are they 16?

I see balde as a similar profile to alidal if he continues to develop, would be anywhere as cool as adobal was on the ball, but can approximate him.

Messi983

Good to see him finally make a debut and hopefully his fitness will improve so he can start games in a few weeks. Although both Christensen and Garcia have looked good in preseason so there is no need to rush him but I'm still looking forward to see Araujo and Kounde starting together.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
La Liga saying we only need to get rid of the amount of wages he will get to register him too. So if he is making 12m for example we need to reduce our wage bill accordingly.

Birdy

La Liga saying we only need to get rid of the amount of wages he will get to register him too. So if he is making 12m for example we need to reduce our wage bill accordingly.

it's 20m or so, cauz amortization is included in the annual wage bill

Home of Barca Fans