23 - Jules Kounde

Bulgroz

Damn, feel bad for Bordeaux fans. What exactly happened?

It's a pretty long story, but first we got bought by a hedge fund through a LBO. We already had a hefty debt (moving to a massive new stadium, way too big and too far from the city center didn't help), but the interests tanked it even more. After 3 years of this bullshit, part of the club was bought back by a crook (G?rard Lopez) who almost tanked Lille, tanked Mouscron, and tanked Lotus in F1. He recruited Vladimir Petkovic who didn't speak French and was paid an insane salary. Changed half of the team, recruiting players on loan who were all terrible. Changed the coach way too late, taking someone who wasn't fit for the role of saving a team with horrible mental. With the team going down, and the risk of being relegated even further due to financial issues, no team really pushed to buy any of our players (everybody knows they might get them for free if they waited for the bankruptcy), which was the last nail in the coffin. Horrendous waste.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
That's just fucked, will this by any chance cause/trigger more stringent ownership fitness tests to be part of a sale, or is that expecting to mcuh of the fff to either implement or actually enforce?

Bulgroz

That's just fucked, will this by any chance cause/trigger more stringent ownership fitness tests to be part of a sale, or is that expecting to mcuh of the fff to either implement or actually enforce?

Highly doubt it. G?rard Lopez bought Lille, brought Campos with him who recruited very good players and basically brought them a title, and EVEN WITH THAT they almost got bankrupt the same year. To the point where Lopez got kicked out. Still, he was allowed to buy the club without any problem, adding debt to an already uncanny debt.

Birdy

There should be movement to get him and FAST

Now that Dembele renews and Raphinia looks getting done,
he is the only target that can be snatched by other teams
Chelsea, and rumors today that City will also act to get him if they sell Ake

Lewa wants only Barca and can wait the whole window.
Same for Bernardo

Sooke

I just pray Chelsea or City get this guy. I am sick and tired of Frech central defenders and forwards. They are very weak and injury prone but as always, asks for tons of money. Better we sign someone else.

Barcilliant

I just pray Chelsea or City get this guy. I am sick and tired of Frech central defenders and forwards. They are very weak and injury prone but as always, asks for tons of money. Better we sign someone else.

Yep. Same here. Kounde is massively overrated and Laporta is putting too much faith in Xavis input.

gregorrin10

It's just stupid, Chelsea have been in contact with Koulibaly and his agent just yesterday...I always knew he was going there, and he'll be the perfect Rudiger replacement for them, maybe even better. He'll give them 3-5 world class years, while we're gonna sign Kounde for twice as much and he'll probably turn out to be a flop in that time, just like Lenglet has. We should and could've signed Koulibaly weeks ago for that 30M that Napoli want, but will only accept from foreign clubs, so Juve got no chance of getting him. It's either us or more likely Chelsea, cause we can't seem to move on from this Kounde obsession.

Barcilliant

It's just stupid, Chelsea have been in contact with Koulibaly and his agent just yesterday...I always knew he was going there, and he'll be the perfect Rudiger replacement for them, maybe even better. He'll give them 3-5 world class years, while we're gonna sign Kounde for twice as much and he'll probably turn out to be a flop in that time, just like Lenglet has. We should and could've signed Koulibaly weeks ago for that 30M that Napoli want, but will only accept from foreign clubs, so Juve got no chance of getting him. It's either us or more likely Chelsea, cause we can't seem to move on from this Kounde obsession.

This is the problem with the club. Fixate on one target and then overpay. Pure amateur hour. Koulibaly would have been cheaper and better. Sevilla making a fool out of us again.

iniestaGOAT

Lol signing koulibalys old ass for half of koundes price and him turning out to be a flop 0ounds like a bigger risk to me

Home of Barca Fans