23 - Jules Kounde

feggydinho

11.5 million, which is Kounde's offered annual salary. That is by 1:1 SRFF rules. What a world are we living these days. S.Umtiti will get 6.250 million for another 4 years without playing a single minute and someone like Kounde will get 11.460,000. There should be a base pay like 1 mil. a year for players who have not participated in at least 25% of the games, either because of endless injuries or just being not good enough to get playtime.

It's a signed contract guys, so a club can also change the rules of their contract and make it invalid if the player doesn't play many games but most players won't sign that contract. As for Umtiti his contract was supposed to end this season, but we basically increased the years so we can spread his remaining payment (That's him doing us a favor). It's just the way business is now customer-centric, most football contracts are player-centric and you can choose to make your club's contract club-centric but most players won't sign with you cause they know what happened to the likes of Umtiti can happen to them anytime and they'll rather be protected since that's the norm for them in this era

Last edited:

Sooke

I'm not sure what the answer is but yeah something has to change in football in that regard. With the pandemic financially fucking many clubs you'd think they would propose something.

Yes. Let's hope UEFA will make some changes. Many years ago, FIFA had a rule imposed for minimum games played. If a player did not meet these requirements, the team could avoid the contract. I don't know if that rule still exist.

It's a signed contract guys, so a club can also change the rules of their contract and make it invalid if the player doesn't play many games but most players won't sign that contract. As for Umtiti his contract was supposed to end this season, but we basically increased the years so we can spread his remaining payment (That's him doing us a favor). It's just the way business is now customer-centric, most football contracts are player-centric and you can choose to make your club's contract club-centric but most players won't sign with you cause they know what happened to the likes of Umtiti can happen to them anytime and they'll rather be protected since that's the norm for them in this era

I may be wrong, but I think Laporta was saying something about terminating Umtiti's and Pjanic's contracts. He has spreaded Sam's new contract over the next 4 years. It is better to pay him the total amount of 26 mil. and kick him out. With Miralem will be a little bit difficult but something should be done. These two and Braithwaite are our deadwoods, and the board has to work 24/7 to get rid of them ASAP.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What's happening with his registration? Any news?

He's not registered yet and most likely won't be registered for this weekend either unless:

a) Busquets takes a paycut or defers his wages (extremely unlikely and most likely not happening at all now)
b) Pique takes a paycut (very unlikely as it currently stands acc to latest reports)
c) Auba is sold (might happen but likely next week)

It's kind of embarrassing and I doubt Kounde is very happy about the situation.

Raketa10

He's not registered yet and most likely won't be registered for this weekend either unless:

a) Busquets takes a paycut or defers his wages (extremely unlikely and most likely not happening at all now)
b) Pique takes a paycut (very unlikely as it currently stands acc to latest reports)

And if Depay leaves? Shouldn't that be enough?

ajnotkeith

What's our last resort? Selling more of the club?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What's our last resort? Selling more of the club?

Auba will probably leave tbh along with Memphis which should solve Kounde and Alonso(sigh)'s registrations. They're apparently talking with Pjanic to take a paycut too which he's apparently open to doing to free up some additional space.

Doubt we'll be able to get a RB unless Dest leaves though, but Kounde and Alonso at least will get done I think. Although most likely next week unless they can somehow get something done with Pjanic and ter Stegen or the aforementioned solutions before Sunday.

khaled_a_d

Auba & Depay leaving will give us a good margin to work around and get Kounde, Alonso and maybe some remains for the RB. Now if some players decrease salary I can see a RB signed without Dest sold first.

As for Foyth, main concern is that he isn't long term fix even if he is success. No future Barca manager will use a RB that defensive as a starter. He last as long as Xavi, and his tactics

vuji_31

So they didn't register him LOL...

They want to sign Alonso, B.Silva and Foyth but can't even register Kounde.

What an joke.

Catta

Should have registered our 50mil CB before the one we got on a free. Really stupid decision from the club.

Home of Barca Fans