23 - Jules Kounde

JamDav1982

No because Haaland is considerably more expensive. There's a chance, a good one, Leeds go down and Raphinha becomes a lot less expensive. Christensen and Kessie are free agents. They only cost wages. And not even very high ones.

Not what I asked and pointed out Haaland is more expensive.

What is the financial situation that would allow Barca to register Kessie/Christensen and sign Raphinha?

Few weeks ago you wanted Dembele renewed and Raphinha in and were saying max would pay for Haaland. What changed?

serghei

There's some rumors Dest will be sold and Alves' contract won't be renewed. Wonder if they'll sign another RB in addition to likely Azpilicueta or whether Azpi/Roberto will be our RBs next season.

Maybe Araujo as defensive fullback too with Pique - Christensen. Maybe back 3 more often.

serghei

Not what I asked and pointed out Haaland is more expensive.

What is the financial situation that would allow Barca to register Kessie/Christensen and sign Raphinha?

Few weeks ago you wanted Dembele renewed and Raphinha in and were saying max would pay for Haaland. What changed?

Nothing changed. I'd still want Dembele renewed (in our terms not his) and Raphinha brought in as well. It's just that these things are unlikely. I'm trying to be more realistic these days and post less about what I'd like, and more what I believe is likely to happen.

JamDav1982

Nothing changed. I'd still want Dembele renewed and Raphinha brought in as well. It's just that these things are unlikely. I'm trying to be more realistic these days and post less what I'd like, but more what I believe it's likely to happen.

What has changed is you now make out these things cant happen as suits argument when never the case in past.

That is all that changed nothing else.

vuji_31

We are playing 3-2-2-3 next year.

Who watched xavi's video on tactics knows it.
Pep is playing simular.

serghei

What has changed is you now make out these things cant happen as suits argument when never the case in past.

That is all that changed nothing else.

No. What happens is that some conversations are about what I'd like, and some are about what I believe will happen.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
To be honest I won't be surprised if they have no money to spend at all either and have been bluffing all the time here and been feeding the press stories to keep them off their backs.

Wouldn't be the first time they've been lying :shrug:

In that case we're essentially fucked and in the Milan banter era for real.

We are not Milan yet, it will take us several years to turn the economics around but it is plausible they were lying about the signings and we get nobody this summer other than Kessie and Christenson in the end.

JamDav1982

No. What happens is that some conversations are about what I'd like, and some are about what I believe will happen.

Nice try.

No one discusses what they think is impossible otherwise just name evry player going.

I specifically said the club would not financially go for renewing Dembele and then signing Raphinha on decent money and you argued they should.

khaled_a_d

We have spent actually 0m so far on Torres.
1st instalment kicks in during the summer, and it will be 20 or so

This is one of the biggest lies that is sold to fans.
No matter how you pay it, the money is dissected during registeration as per year deal. Torres would account for 5M this season and 10M each of next 5 years.
Doesn't matter if it is paid on installment or all at once , cash flow is another issue.
And for the record, such agreements is very common, heck we have done same thing with Real Madrid of all clubs when we bought Eto (they owned 50% of his rights). Only buyout deals aren't done on such installment agreements.

It was just a way for the board to make an even better PR of the signing

Birdy

This is one of the biggest lies that is sold to fans.
No matter how you pay it, the money is dissected during registeration as per year deal. Torres would account for 5M this season and 10M each of next 5 years.
Doesn't matter if it is paid on installment or all at once , cash flow is another issue.
And for the record, such agreements is very common, heck we have done same thing with Real Madrid of all clubs when we bought Eto (they owned 50% of his rights). Only buyout deals aren't done on such installment agreements.

It was just a way for the board to make an even better PR of the signing

Not much different from what I said.
I was referring to who the books are balanced, rather than whether there is cash to pay the instalments

jamrock

1+1+1 > 1 especially given how many areas we need to address in the team, especially when 2 of that's 1's will cost you 0 to get.

iniestaGOAT

We are not Milan yet, it will take us several years to turn the economics around but it is plausible they were lying about the signings and we get nobody this summer other than Kessie and Christenson in the end.

As long as we keep making it to the ucl we will never turn into milan

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Both MD and Sport claiming the club will make an effort to sign him. He's Xavi's priority for the CB position.

Home of Barca Fans