23 - Jules Kounde

JamDav1982

He is good at RB when it is a restricted and more defensive role as France are playing now and Barca do under Xavi.

But he most likely feels more comfortable at CB and options he has on ball there and type of players he comes up against.

JohnN

Certainly better at cb. He is more defense minded in RB position. We have no one better for RB at Barca though.

kattanib

Once again, I have got the eye the most of you in here lack. Said this guy would be a world class RB and now he is being officially converted into a RB

Andresito

Staff member
Is his name actually spelled with an apostrophe above the E like Pique? I see different on different pages, Barca's official website has without, and neither does he have it on his shirt.

Bulgroz

He isnt a good CB .. prone to silly mistakes that are killer to a CBs career

As a RB he is a world class defensive RB, one of the best defensive RBs out there

Funny how you disappeared after his good games with Barca as a CB, only to reappear now, pretending you have a great eye because he played 2 games as a RB with France. Games in which, according to the press (haven't watched this WC at all) he has been average (against very average opposition, mind you).

He's playing RB for France because DD called up 500 CB, and literally 0 actual RB. His main rival is another CB converted to RB who's pretty bad.
France overall has very little good RB to call. And Deschamps likes playing with defensive players on the side when he has wingers who hardly defend at all. So it's not like we have tons of options. And even then, Pavard (Benjamin fucking Pavard lmao) was ahead of him.

I'm not gonna copy/paste what I've told you a few months ago: he's always started as a RB and ended up being converted to CB after a few games. Everywhere he played, whether it was Bordeaux, Sevilla, and even his debuts with France (in which he was absolute dogshit as a RB btw, with a terrible game against Germany which made people who didn't know him much question whether he was supposed to play for France at all).
But yeah, you've seen him play like 10 times and know better than all the professional coaches who considered he was clearly a CB.

You first called him trash in general, then as it was obvious he absolutely wasn't bad, quite the contrary, you tried changing the narrative to "actually he's bad at CB but he's good at RB, so I wasn't wrong when I said he wasn't Barca material because I was talking about his CB abilities!!!".

Then he played well as a CB, you disappeared, only to pop your head back up now.

It's so funny how some people absolutely can't admit they're wrong and would rather twist the narrative twenty times to make them sound like geniuses.

It's alright, you had a shitty take, it happens, it's a football message board, nobody here knows much about the game. I've had tons of shitty takes before too, especially when I talked about players I hardly ever saw before (which is why now I mostly stick to talking about players I actually know well, like Kounde, Tchouameni, Mbappe etc.).

Home of Barca Fans