User Tag List

Page 481 of 482 FirstFirst ... 381431471479480481482 LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,215 of 7224

Thread: Ernesto Valverde

  1. #7201
    Senior Member
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    18,666
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    The top 4 (4th place) expectation is because some here seem to consider him an elite manager. Better than Conte lmao.

    Now you want to say EL finish is fine? GTFO
    Kingleo you're usually a good poster but you act like prime BarcaOG when it comes to EV threads

  2. #7202
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    580
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Valverde is comparable to Ancelotti.

  3. #7203
    Senior Member
    Catta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,415
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackened View Post
    Valverde is comparable to Ancelotti.
    Yes, EV is comparable to the guy who has won the most CLs in history as manager and the only manager to have won each of the top5 leagues.

    The EV boys are starting to sound just like the Puig fanboys. The Mavericky of managers.

  4. #7204
    Senior Member
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    18,666
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackened View Post
    Valverde is comparable to Ancelotti.
    Well said

  5. #7205
    Senior Member
    JohnN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,784
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, the expectations for his team is to maintain its mid-table status and anything beyond that is an amazing achievement. That doesn't sound like the expectations you should have from a top, world class manager, like EV is supposed to be. I mean, if pep or klopp took over athletic, everyone would say a finish out of top 4 would be a failure.

  6. #7206
    Senior Member
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    18,666
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    So, the expectations for his team is to maintain its mid-table status and anything beyond that is an amazing achievement. That doesn't sound like the expectations you should have from a top, world class manager, like EV is supposed to be. I mean, if pep or klopp took over athletic, everyone would say a finish out of top 4 would be a failure.
    Like Chequebook manager Pep would teach a team like Bilbao

  7. #7207
    Senior Member
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    18,666
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    So, the expectations for his team is to maintain its mid-table status and anything beyond that is an amazing achievement. That doesn't sound like the expectations you should have from a top, world class manager, like EV is supposed to be. I mean, if pep or klopp took over athletic, everyone would say a finish out of top 4 would be a failure.
    Sorry but how did Carlo do at Everton? Did he win the treble? What about Napoli?

  8. #7208
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    38,358
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EV is a very good manager for a team like Bilbao. This is his level. He can go up to maybe Sevilla level, but that's about it.
    Last edited by serghei; 6th August 2022 at 05:04 PM.

  9. #7209
    Senior Member
    Rassvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,595
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    EV is a very good manager for a team like Bilbao. This is his level. He can go up to maybe Sevilla level, but that's about it.
    You're saying that is if it's still 2017 or something and he hasn't already been ridiculously successful with Barcelona.

  10. #7210
    Senior Member
    Rassvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,595
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is much more optimism heading into this season at Barca than 17-18 yet Xavi would be lavished with praise if he breezed to a domestic double while going unbeaten the first 36 league matches and reached the Champions League quarterfinals.

  11. #7211
    Senior Member
    KingLeo10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Posts
    12,935
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassvet View Post
    You're saying that is if it's still 2017 or something and he hasn't already been ridiculously successful with Barcelona.





    "Ridiculously"

    He was successful in some regards and failed at others (CL, phasing out veterans)

  12. #7212
    Senior Member
    catalinutzR80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Posting perfection in the Women's thread
    Posts
    17,202
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassvet View Post
    There is much more optimism heading into this season at Barca than 17-18 yet Xavi would be lavished with praise if he breezed to a domestic double while going unbeaten the first 36 league matches and reached the Champions League quarterfinals.
    Of course he would , he doesn't have Messi in ruthless form to carry his ass all season long.
    ,,Concha de tu madre, hijo de mil putas"


    - I will NOT watch another Barcelona game untill Valverde leaves -

  13. #7213
    Senior Member
    Rassvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,595
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by catalinutzR80 View Post
    Of course he would , he doesn't have Messi in ruthless form to carry his ass all season long.
    Valverde so good that he could be carried to 90-95 point seasons just by early 30s Messi while Lucho needed younger Messi, peak Neymar, peak Suarez, Alves, Iniesta, and prime Busi to do the same.

  14. #7214
    Senior Member
    catalinutzR80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Posting perfection in the Women's thread
    Posts
    17,202
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassvet View Post
    Valverde so good that he could be carried to 90-95 point seasons just by early 30s Messi while Lucho needed younger Messi, peak Neymar, peak Suarez, Alves, Iniesta, and prime Busi to do the same.
    treble winning Lucho >>>>>>>>>>> Valverde and it's not even close.
    ,,Concha de tu madre, hijo de mil putas"


    - I will NOT watch another Barcelona game untill Valverde leaves -

  15. #7215
    Senior Member
    KingLeo10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Posts
    12,935
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One would have thought after EV the bum "turned down" many "big club" offers to take on perennial mid-table team Bilbao, that these EVbois would have learned their lesson.

    More to come for you lot when he finishes from 7th to 10th this season.