Ernesto Valverde

Temptation

International football isn't a downgrade lol

Deschamps is highly regarded for a reason

It isn't ideal for a manager in his peak. You ideally want to manage all year round if you're a top coach. National team jobs have prestige and respect but managers in their peak don't really choose it out of will or preference. Far too little games.

Once you're getting on a bit and past your best days, it a good choice where you can have time to breathe and relax

Andresito

Staff member
He or Bielsa will be the next Athletic coach.

There's a presidential election on Friday. Presidential candidates Jon Uriarte and Ricardo Barkala have Valverde as head coach while Inaki Arechabaleta's alternative is Bielsa.

Bielsa watched every Athletic and Athletic B game from last season and made an analysis. He even analyzed each player individually. Incredible really.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXY4xrHeUSA

Messi983

El Loco Bielsa indeed.

If I'd be a Bilbao fan would be happy with either coach, don't know what else presidential candidates are offering in their projects though.

Bielsa probably a more exciting but shorter term solution while EV would bring more stability and results longterm.

Porque

Bielsea has probably personally already scouted the worlds global population of Basque descendants. Probably unearthed that he himself is a 1/4 Basque hence interest in the job.

MTL_Barca

Bielsas Bilbao team was super fun to watch back then, would be cool.

GOATverde should opt for an elite club anyway, i'm sure they're all after him.

Blackened

Bielsas Bilbao team was super fun to watch back then, would be cool.

GOATverde should opt for an elite club anyway, i'm sure they're all after him.

Agreed. Valverde should get Sevilla or Atl?tico job. Wishful thinking though. He would also do well in Italy.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
With Jon Uriarte winning and becoming the President of Athletic Bilbao he is returning as their manager.

Rassvet

Nice to see him putting passion and loyalty first in his decision after turning down many offers from "bigger" clubs. Best of luck, mister.

Home of Barca Fans