Ernesto Valverde

soul24rage

The Spanish super cup defeats, I could give EV some slack as the team was devastated with Neymar's departure.

But with context, EV's record against RM is alright-ish.

snowy

To keep it level-headed, his first season was awesome given the squad and then entropy slowly but surely creeped in.

I really liked the fact he introduced Ansu and was giving Puig gametime.

Credit to Koe, he's been showing his faith to lots of the new gen too. + our game is much more up-tempo. meesah likey

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I dont like him but he was really good in el clasicos. I can forgive him for first two el clasicos as he was new in barca but then his clasicos record is impressive.

soul24rage

He is actually a good coach, who was fired thanks to EV (and because he wasn't Zidane).

He is a good coach, but not for RM. The form RM was in coming into the 5-1 game was terrible and the warning sign was there for RM.

Sevilla 3-0 RM
RM 0-0 ATM
CSKA Moskow 1-0 RM (CL)
Alaves 1-0 RM

October International Break

RM 1-2 Levante
RM 2-1 Viktoria Plzen (CL)
Barca 5-1 RM

The 5-1 game was the final straw for Lopetegui

khaled_a_d

I can't believe we still have users missing Valverde after the shitshow that was his last half season.

Doubt anyone wanted him to last to his 4th year, at worst people would have preferred if he completed his 3rd season, because despite the fact that his cycle was over he was still far superior option than Setien
I think people pointing out how people took what he achieved for granted. Since the glorified friendly aka super copa, he was the superior coach tactically during most classicos, only one I can think of that you can say he was out coached was his last classico, and even then he realized the tactics soon and reacted quickly and reached for safe result against superior side, something that the 2 coaches after him failed to even do.

The forum mentality has been "Messi wins us games" or "why he should take credit for winning Liga, we win it with any coach" etc. This was truly unfair to him, if you want to blame him for his failures (Liverpool/Roma) or esthetics of the game, that is fair. But people refused to even acknowledge his success and always said it was due to someone else

BarcaOG

Banned
He only won 1 clasico against Zidane (3-0). 2 draws (2-2 and 0-0) and 2 losses (1-3, 0-2). He has a losing record in the Clasico against Zidane's Madrid actually.

I know the EV camp likes to fantasize, but 1-2-2 is a losing record.

nice!! this

BarcaOG

Banned
I dont like him but he was really good in el clasicos. I can forgive him for first two el clasicos as he was new in barca but then his clasicos record is impressive.

basically this. his clasico record is the only thing i liked about him. but it still doesnt excuse or make up for 80% of the rest of his tenure which was pure unadulterated caffeinated hyperbolic BULLSHIT

Joan

nice!! this

It's bs and you know it. His clasico record was top notch.

Supercopa, while glorified friendly itself, happened right after the Neymar's departure and the whole club was in shock. Not to mention it was Valverde's start.

BarcaOG

Banned
It's bs and you know it. His clasico record was top notch.

Supercopa, while glorified friendly itself, happened right after the Neymar's departure and the whole club was in shock. Not to mention it was Valverde's start.

like i said, he does have a stellar clasico record which i appreciate, no doubt, and i cannot take that away. a remarkable footnote in an otherwise ABYSMAL tenure, though.

Home of Barca Fans