Ernesto Valverde

khaled_a_d

All top coaches take the option of crossing the ball a lot if it is best way of breaking a team down.

Klopps Liverpool fire in the crosses, Pep will send KDB out to right to launch them in, Real won 4 CLs with crossing ball as huge weapon.

Some Barca fans are deluded and have think they have some pureist idea not based on reality of crossing ball a lot as some kind of weakness. In reality it is a key part of breaking teams down and having the threat of it also to stretch teams.

Despite LDJ being utter garbage today Barca were much better going forward when putting ball into box early and getting men in and around area in first half. It was more enjoyable to watch than that second half dirge when Depay, Coutinho and Ansu tried to pass ball and fucked up more often than not.

Sadly this is very true, we were actually worse in 2nd half after Luuk was substituted out, although it was partially because we neglected the whole right side when we made Dest RB again

It's clear he had some good ideas, but was fucked over by being a yes-man and conformist.

The only option EV had to prove he isn't yes man was to resign, and that would have been a career suicidal that we can't expect the man to take. People would say he quit on the team

vegitot

What were the reasons behind Rome and Anfield in your opinion?

Vs Roma it is poor preparation from EV. Everyone thought the tie is over. When Roma scored their second goal, EV and players were all panic.

Vs Liverpool it is more about team's mentality. This time the team had several chances to finish Liverpool but failed every time. If you go by Birdy's logic, it is Barca with 3.9 xG to Liverpool 3.8 xG.

BBZ8800

La liga big games with EV and after EV:

2017/18:
A Atletico 1:1
A Real 3:0
H Atletico 1:0
H Real 2:2

2018/19:
H Real 5:1
A Real 1:0
H Atletico 2:0

2019/20:
A Atletico 1:0
H Real 0:0

After EV
2020:
A Real 0:2
H Atletico 2:2

2020/21:
H Real 1:2
A Atletico 0:1
A Real 1:2
H Atletico 0:0

2021/22:
A Atletico 0:2

Total:
EV, 10 matches, 6 wins + 4 draws + 0 defeats, goals 17:5
After EV: 8 matches, 0 wins + 2 draws + 6 defeats, goals: 5:13

"Retardo"
"The worst coach in the history of Barca"
"I want my Barca back"
"We will fly when he leaves"
"I will open a bottle of champagne the day he leaves"

I said a few years ago that one day in the future we will look with sadness onto EV's days compared to what is waiting for us.

People thought that it was trolling.

Messigician

2017/18:

2018/19:

2019/20:

After EV
2020:

2020/21:

2021/22:

Total:

"Retardo"
"I want my Barca back"

I said a few years ago that one day in the future we will look with sadness onto EV's days compared to what is waiting for us.

I feel the same way brother.

Crazy how only Valverde got that treatment. Don't see any Retardo style threads for koeman or setien

Morten

2017/18:

2018/19:

2019/20:

After EV
2020:

2020/21:

2021/22:

Total:

"Retardo"
"I want my Barca back"

Yes, but don't forget, he didn't play football the "proper way"(aka million short passes and combinations in the midfield), therefore the results are irrelevant.

BBZ8800

Yes, but don't forget, he didn't play football the "proper way"(aka million short passes and combinations in the midfield), therefore the results are irrelevant.

An awkward moment when even a RM fan is trolling Barca's phylosophy how winning doesn't mean anything if it isn't executed in a mighty "Barca's way".

That will be a huge reason for the next decade of mediocricy.

But hey, at least we are proud and sticking to our principles (which are possible to execute like once in 20-30 years when we hit the lottery on La Masia players and a few awesome transfers).

Home of Barca Fans