Ernesto Valverde

vegitot

:lol: Yeah EV really accommodated Messi who won 8 leagues and 3 or 4 CLs and 5 Ballon D'Ors before him

Trolls these days, man

Guys after him accommodated with same Messi but couldn't win anything. He deserved more credit than you think.

Pep hasn't done anything in UCL without Messi, Xavi, Iniesta. Just saying.

Zidane is jobless. Wonder why no top club goes for him.

Rassvet

I have seen Valverde coach Barca and normalise winning leagues for fun. Underrated coach. Gets the best outta what he's given.

Perfectly accommodated Messi and a washed up Suarez for Barca with his tactics.

Not the sexiest name but a solid coach. Like the David Moyes of Spain basically

Good post until the last line. Comparing him to Moyes is a massive insult. Moyes took over the reigning champions and finished 7th while EV took over Barca after finishing second and losing Neymar with the club in turmoil yet won two easy league titles.

EV is a bit more like Conte when it comes to getting results domestically but with better football, more class, better man management, and better results in europe.

Gari

Alemany, Laporta, Bartomeu, everyone says, we fulfill the coach's wishes. Valverde: I need a small group of age-related, experienced players, physical training is not important. (Willian, Parejo have not arrived yet). Koeman: Barca has either old people or inexperienced young men. Is there a connection?

Rassvet

I love how forum amigos have always trolled Valverde for his comments about physical training not being that important, yet they claim the 8-2 against Bayern and how the team and many individual players like Messi were worse after EV was just because they declined with age.

So Valverde's approach to physical training was so bad yet he managed to maintain or improve the performances of Barca's veterans over two years and they then just happened to drop off considerably within months after he left...

Last edited:

KingLeo10

We'll see what Ernie does this season.

If he doesn't end up top 4, hopefully all his bum supporters will shut up for good.

Rassvet

They ended 8th and 10th the previous two seasons, so if he gets an EL-spot thats a solid job i'd say.

ONLY Valverde could make people think a top four finish should be expected in a manager's first season taking over a midtable team with limited resources

KingLeo10

The top 4 (4th place) expectation is because some here seem to consider him an elite manager. Better than Conte lmao.

Now you want to say EL finish is fine? GTFO

Joan

Top 4 finish would be an unbelievable achievement with Bilbao. Can't expect that :lol:

Stop trying to set up Valverde for an L. Top 6 would be awesome.

KingLeo10

How do you rate Conte btw?

Rassvet rated him better than Conte. Conte is a top league manager (top 3-4 in the world) and average to bad in Europe. I have no expectation of EV but if he's like Conte, he should be able to get 4th place in LL.

Messigician

The top 4 (4th place) expectation is because some here seem to consider him an elite manager. Better than Conte lmao.

Now you want to say EL finish is fine? GTFO

Kingleo you're usually a good poster but you act like prime BarcaOG when it comes to EV threads

Home of Barca Fans