Ernesto Valverde

Morten

Messi's production was already lower with EV in EV's 3rd season. It was somewhat better than what he output with Setien, but with Setien there was also the start of COVID upheavel. EV knew how to use Messi than Setien did, for sure, but it wasn't some genius coaching on EV's part. It was Messi mostly being Messi.

Happened right after EV was fired, he even kept COVID in check for a while, what a legend.

Rassvet

Messi's production wasn't declining in EV's third season. It just took him a few weeks to get into form and shake off a few injuries he picked up. He had 15 goals and 7 assists in his last 15 matches under EV so no decline at all really.

KingLeo10

Funny. You highlight and harp at context when it comes to Messi's production under EV 3rd season. Yet when Messi moved to PSG and was dealing with Copa fatigue plus injuries plus Argentina WCQs and still producing in CL in terms of goals, you are foaming at the mouth to troll him over a meaningless league.

:lol:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Messi's production wasn't declining in EV's third season. It just took him a few weeks to get into form and shake off a few injuries he picked up. He had 15 goals and 7 assists in his last 15 matches under EV so no decline at all really.

Good to see the facts finally, seems like we had a distorted pic from the 19/20 EV-Messi. He was happy under Ernesto.

Horatio

You're welcome
Funny. You highlight and harp at context when it comes to Messi's production under EV 3rd season. Yet when Messi moved to PSG and was dealing with Copa fatigue plus injuries plus Argentina WCQs and still producing in CL in terms of goals, you are foaming at the mouth to troll him over a meaningless league.

:lol:

Finish him KL

KingLeo10

Imagine comparing Messi first half of 19-20 to his time at PSG so far :lol:

He's dealt with Copa in late summer. Which he won. And injuries. And I believe 3 trips to Argentina to lead his team to qualification.

And he's 2 years older.

Keep coping. When you and the number 1 CR7 fanboy in the world keep liking each other's posts and circle jerking, I've made my case where your loyalties lie :mou:

Home of Barca Fans