Ernesto Valverde

Rory

Setien only gets 39 points. 3 points in the last game vs Alaves is when Laliga is over, RM is already the champion. Pointless game btw.

Point won is not really thing you should bring to this dicussion. EV could win more than 40 if he continued. Just like how RM won more points in their second half of season with same Zidane.

Or else Pogba should have 152 assists because he has 4 assists in his opening game this season in PL.

We're having a reasonable discussion but you comparing me averaging the points for half a season out to a whole season to Pogba's assist numbers in one game being extrapolated to the whole season is just silly.

vegitot

Does that team look better? Yes. A younger Alba, Pique, Busquets, a Roberto that isn't useless. Semedo is about as capable in defence as Dest is. Is that version of Lenglet worse than Garcia? I would say no. Only players we start with now that are better is swapping Memphis for either Rafinha or Perez.

Funny that same players you guys thrashed years ago. Now they look like a dream team :lol:

Also never consider they were better because they played under better coach???

Rory

Funny that same players you guys thrashed years ago. Now they look like a dream team :lol:

Also never consider they were better because they played under better coach???

Those players weren't good enough in the ucl then and aren't now either. Always said they were good enough for la liga standard. Not saying they're a dream team, no point putting words in my mouth. I can read.

Valverde is a better coach than Koeman. If you think I'm saying otherwise then I'm not. I'm just saying Valverde would not have us winning the league with this squad either. Very few managers would.

vegitot

We're having a reasonable discussion but you comparing me averaging the points for half a season out to a whole season to Pogba's assist numbers in one game being extrapolated to the whole season is just silly.

It is silly but also the same thing. You can't say team with 40 points in the first half of season will have same 40 points in the second. Football is not like that.

Rory

It is silly but also the same thing. You can't say team with 40 points in the first half of season will have same 40 points in the second. Football is not like that.

It's not the same thing. 19 games of football is a much better indication of how things will go statistically than one game of football. I think Valverde would have picked up more points, can't know that for sure though. Thing is you could say things in Setien's favour (but I don't want to defend him):

- He didn't get a pre season with the team
- He joined mid season

These things most likely affected his ability to earn points too.

vegitot

Those players weren't good enough in the ucl then and aren't now either. Always said they were good enough for la liga standard. Not saying they're a dream team, no point putting words in my mouth. I can read.

Valverde is a better coach than Koeman. If you think I'm saying otherwise then I'm not. I'm just saying Valverde would not have us winning the league with this squad either. Very few managers would.

You are right in the last sentence. Though Liga is about consistency. You can lose to RM twice per season but still can win the league if you are consistent enough.

vegitot

It's not the same thing. 19 games of football is a much better indication of how things will go statistically than one game of football. I think Valverde would have picked up more points, can't know that for sure though. Thing is you could say things in Setien's favour (but I don't want to defend him):

- He didn't get a pre season with the team
- He joined mid season

These things most likely affected his ability to earn points too.

Well, Ozil, for example, had 16 assists in his first 18 games in EPL 2015/16 then he only had 3 assists for the rest of season.

JamDav1982

Setien did nothing in league and then set up v Bayern with the worst formation and approach ever seen from Barca.

Doesnt get much worse than him.

Messigician

This was apparently leaked on the club's website

The fuck?

Ernesto Valverde, nuevo t?cnico del
[MENTION=11490]FCBarcelona[/MENTION]

?Bienvenido de vuelta m?ster! #ViscaBarca

ItachiXXX

Does that team look better? Yes. A younger Alba, Pique, Busquets, a Roberto that isn't useless. Semedo is about as capable in defence as Dest is. Is that version of Lenglet worse than Garcia? I would say no. Only players we start with now that are better is swapping Memphis for either Rafinha or Perez.

Revisionist, I'll bet the same person that call all those players trash back then :lol:

Barca is not worthy to have The Grand Maestro back. Isn't this what Forum De Amigos want :valverde:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans