Ernesto Valverde

fergus90

I doubt Valverde could even guarantee top 6 for Spurs let alone top 4. The man did well in his first season at Barca no doubt, but he isn’t transforming a dusted Spurs team.

stb_1

We know Valverde is decent in league competition. As long as Kane and Son stay, they have enough quality to finish top4 if good season.

Spurs aren't the same team from a few years ago, their overall team level is weak now.

Their defence used to be rock solid with Prime Vertonghen and Toby, and they had peak Eriksen too before.

FinBarcelonafan

Spurs aren't the same team from a few years ago, their overall team level is weak now.

Their defence used to be rock solid with Prime Vertonghen and Toby, and they had peak Eriksen too before.

Yeah obviously, but as long as they have good season they have a chance. Son and Kane are so good.

Kane is comparable to Messi in Premier League.

fergus90

We know Valverde is decent in league competition. As long as Kane and Son stay, they have enough quality to finish top4 if good season.

The general quality of the Spurs squad is not that great now. Kane yes, but he’s looked very leggy all 2021 and keeps dropping deep. Son is also hit and miss, when he’s on it he’s fantastic, but not consistent enough for me.

Their midfield and defence needs a huge overhaul.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Even Valverde shouldn't take the job if offered.

No one is going to survive past 6 months with this Spurs squad whose main player want out and with a board/Levy who won't commit to investing money into it.

FinBarcelonafan

Even Valverde shouldn't take the job if offered.

No one is going to survive past 6 months with this Spurs squad whose main player want out and with a board/Levy who won't commit to investing money into it.

Probably true. Their only option is Setien type of coach. Who has otherwise zero chance to coach team like Tottenham.

Tottenham has to gamble on someone and hope it doesn't blow up

fergus90

14 goals in 4 months doesn't seem too 'leggy'

He is leggy. Just watch his performance last night for an example of that.

Night and day difference in his general play in recent months. Spurs aren’t getting close to top 4 relying solely on Kane.

El Gato

Villarato!
He is leggy. Just watch his performance last night for an example of that.

Night and day difference in his general play in recent months. Spurs aren’t getting close to top 4 relying solely on Kane.

Don't deny it was. This past week.
You said he looked leggy all 2021. Which is ... um.. controversial.

fergus90

Don't deny it was. This past week.
You said he looked leggy all 2021. Which is ... um.. controversial.

I don't think it's controversial at all, i think he does look leggier than before. He seems to have dropped deeper and deeper for Spurs almost morphing into a Teddy Sheringham type role without a change a pace.

He played almost every game last season and they finished 7th. I don't think this version of Harry Kane is getting them top 4, he's not that influential a player.

Of course, I may be wrong about the legginess and his play style is just evolving. However, I don't think it's evolving for the better.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans