Ernesto Valverde

BarcaOG

Banned
messi is the GOAT league player tho, certainly the GOAT la liga player, its a lot easier to win the title with him; chances are youll win it, regardless of the coach. even tata only lost it by like 2 points

all this is to say that EV gets no credit whatever for winning 2 ligas with peak messi and strong suarez. a naked mole rat could have done it

Morten

messi is the GOAT league player tho, certainly the GOAT la liga player, its a lot easier to win the title with him; chances are youll win it, regardless of the coach. even tata only lost it by like 2 points

all this is to say that EV gets no credit whatever for winning 2 ligas with peak messi and strong suarez. a naked mole rat could have done it

Strange how the Betis-reject failed on his first try, and it looks like Koeman will as well.

BarcaOG

Banned
Strange how the Betis-reject failed on his first try, and it looks like Koeman will as well.

1. this is post-peak messi so its not the same thing
2. i said chances are, that is to say, there is a high probability it will happen--a probabilistic claim (Wolfe would like this), not that it would definitely happen
3. setien didn't have a proper 'try', if you call picking up a squad more than half way through a pandemic-disrupted season a fair 'try'
4. whats in it for you? what do you get out of white knighting for EV?

Messigician

1. this is post-peak messi so its not the same thing
2. i said chances are, that is to say, there is a high probability it will happen--a probabilistic claim (Wolfe would like this), not that it would definitely happen
3. setien didn't have a proper 'try', if you call picking up a squad more than half way through a pandemic-disrupted season a fair 'try'
4. whats in it for you? what do you get out of white knighting for EV?

Coz he's 100% right about Vavlerde and deluded people like yourself can't see that.

BBZ8800

I answered above. Also had the likes of Iniesta, Suarez, Coutinho, Rakitic (not last seasons one ofcourse)

Lol, Cou barely played in EV's first season.

He almost went invincible with 442 flat with Busi, Iniesta, Raki + Paulinho/Gomes/Roberto.

Busi was 29/30 in that season
Raki 29/30
Iniesta 33/34
Paulinho 29/30
Messi 30/31
Suarez 29/30

Turtle slow: Busi, Raki, Iniesta, Messi, Suarez

I am not saying that EV is a God tier, but this is comedy gold.
As I have said, there is a list of the most overrated people on Barcaforum and those underrated.

In one group you had Samper, Alena, Puig, Oriol, Arthur and other Barca DNA midfielders.

In other group you have EV and Raki as leaders.

Deep down, brains of majority of us are tribal-based and black and white, and roughly a lot of things are quite simple and predictable, for example, it works this way for a majority of people:
Barca = good guys
Real = bad guys
Messi = good guy
Cr7 = an asshole
Messi's skills = Goat
Cr7 = not that good
Messi's game = more than just goals
Cr7's game = just goals, mostly penaldos and tap ins
Messi's NT's defeats = it's always someone's else's fault. It's not him.
Cr7's NT's wins = it's always someone else. It's not because of him.
Barca DNA players = good
Players further from Barca DNA concept = not that good

I mean, for majority of our fans, clowns like Arthur, Denis and Puig were getting insane level of praise before signing and during the first Months compared to guys with less Barca DNA, who offered way more on the pitch, like Raki, Vidal or Paulinho.

EV's biggest problem will always remain that he didn't play Pep's way and he didn't use La Masia players.
Yet, a lot of our fans are so called Cruijff/La Masia/Pep purists who will live in that limbo until the end of their life, where Pep's style, Pep's type of players and La Masia will always be an answer for everything because it worked for a short period in otherwise quite overwhelming European history.

A simple test for this theory, check these 4 parameters:
1. Guys who hate EV passionately, usually also hated Rakitic, and on the other hand, they often had enormous hopes of Arthur and are overrating Puig today
2. On the other hand, guys who loved and supported EV, usually didn't hate Raki and the most often, they weren't nowhere near as impressed with Arthur and Puig as guys from the first group

Quite predictable.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

This thread again :lol:. Let me guess, how if Valverde never left we'd have won titles this season.

Exactly. Boring subject. People forgot already how shitty football we were playing with EV.. it was like watching paint dry. At least now we are entertaining to watch.

And no, that team that year was never going to win LaLiga. We were very lucky to be top of the standings when Valverde was sacked.

El Guaje

Coz he's 100% right about Vavlerde and deluded people like yourself can't see that.

You are sucking the dick of a coach that got us brutally ***** not once, but twice in CL and won the league while playing the most static and shitties football we,ve played since the club was founded and because Messi and MaTS were having the seasons of their lives. Who is the deluded one?

BarcaOG

Banned
Lol, Cou barely played in EV's first season.

He almost went invincible with 442 flat with Busi, Iniesta, Raki + Paulinho/Gomes/Roberto.

Busi was 29/30 in that season
Raki 29/30
Iniesta 33/34
Paulinho 29/30
Messi 30/31
Suarez 29/30

Turtle slow: Busi, Raki, Iniesta, Messi, Suarez

I am not saying that EV is a God tier, but this is comedy gold.
As I have said, there is a list of the most overrated people on Barcaforum and those underrated.

In one group you had Samper, Alena, Puig, Oriol, Arthur and other Barca DNA midfielders.

In other group you have EV and Raki as leaders.

Deep down, brains of majority of us are tribal-based and black and white, and roughly a lot of things are quite simple and predictable, for example, it works this way for a majority of people:
Barca = good guys
Real = bad guys
Messi = good guy
Cr7 = an asshole
Messi's skills = Goat
Cr7 = not that good
Messi's game = more than just goals
Cr7's game = just goals, mostly penaldos and tap ins
Messi's NT's defeats = it's always someone's else's fault. It's not him.
Cr7's NT's wins = it's always someone else. It's not because of him.
Barca DNA players = good
Players further from Barca DNA concept = not that good

I mean, for majority of our fans, clowns like Arthur, Denis and Puig were getting insane level of praise before signing and during the first Months compared to guys with less Barca DNA, who offered way more on the pitch, like Raki, Vidal or Paulinho.

EV's biggest problem will always remain that he didn't play Pep's way and he didn't use La Masia players.
Yet, a lot of our fans are so called Cruijff/La Masia/Pep purists who will live in that limbo until the end of their life, where Pep's style, Pep's type of players and La Masia will always be an answer for everything because it worked for a short period in otherwise quite overwhelming European history.

1. Guys who hate EV passionately, usually also hated Rakitic, and on the other hand, they often had enormous hopes of Arthur and are overrating Puig today
2. On the other hand, guys who loved and supported EV, usually didn't hate Raki and the most often, they weren't nowhere near as impressed with Arthur and Puig as guys from the first group

Quite predictable.

your posts are too long and youre dishonest, anyway. never bother reading them

BarcaOG

Banned
You are sucking the dick of a coach that got us brutally ***** not once, but twice in CL and won the league while playing the most static and shitties football we,ve played since the club was founded and because Messi and MaTS were having the seasons of their lives. Who is the deluded one?

this.

BarcaOG

Banned

Quite predictable.

I caught a glimpse of this as I was scrolling. Your 'theory' is complete garbage. I for one adamantly detested EV as a coach but always liked Rakitic and was sad to see him decline and then leave. I'm probably the forum's leading anti EV voice, so if your theory doesn't work on me, it probably doesn't work on anyone.

lol. your armchair analytics are a big joke

Bobo32

I see greatness in Puig
I had high hopes in Arthur, hopes which I still think I was right to have, and that I haven't been proved wrong on. Perhaps there is some personality problem I don't know about.
I appreciate Rakitic, but not as a FC Barcelona player long term.
I think EV did a great job under his circumstances but was obviously not the right long term option for FC Barcelona

I don't really hate anything in football, but people who have the guts to criticize Barto or Rakitic or Busquets or whatever, while at the same time dreaming about Upamecano or Depay right now, I am very skeptical of. I guess these people thought Aubameyang was needed before, and also had very high hopes on Deulofeu and Rafinha, for example. Most tellingly, I am sure they wanted Dembele, Coutinho and a lot of the other transfers, before they came.

I want Barcelona to consist of technically skilled players with great sense of positioning, timing and movement, playing together in a dominating way - which means the ball is played backwards if that's the right decision for the situation. I do not want the latest hyped player to arrive to try and solve all problems. Haaland is the greatest attacker in the world right now and for the foreseeable future, but I don't hope he will come to Barcelona, because of style.

I was very critical about Rosell from the start, and never understood how Laporta couldn't win in 2015. I think Enrique and Neymar were crucial in getting Barcelona to the disaster state they have been in the last years.

The thing is someone like Vidal can look great on his own, but can destroy so much for players like Xavi, Busquets and so on. In order to play Barca-DNA style you can't have more than 2-3 idiots on the pitch.

Home of Barca Fans