Ernesto Valverde

serghei

Exactly. Valverde is the guy who started all this. It was coming to an end before he left. We played super shit football, yet kept barely winning.

No, he's the guy that could have done something about it, but everything was against him, so he went along with the status quo and did what was best for him. I don't blame him as much for doing that now.

The board and the veterans have colluded with each other, and he was caught in the middle of that. Only the very best managers would have had the personality to mess with that and impose their way. And even then, probably the best managers wouldn't have come or would have resigned when they saw their powers were limited.

He's one of the responsible of course, but not as much as I thought back when he was at the team.

I feel if Valverde would be now at the team, we'd be only slightly better, but playing the same football give or take. Quite similar in profile with Koeman.

Last edited:

Birdy

If he goes to Arsenal, and tries to play the coward football he played here, oh boy...
he will become the Spanish Sam Allardyce of the EPL

Morten

If he goes to Arsenal, and tries to play the coward football he played here, oh boy...
he will become the Spanish Sam Allardyce of the EPL

Why not? Arsenal-supporters seemed content with Arteta aka Pep 2.0 playing that way, until they started losing.

Raketa10

It's obvious now how logical and intelligent was that 4-4-2 formation from his first year here. Unfortunately Roma and Levante games ruined something that could have been remembered as a legendary season. IMHO it's disrespectful as it gets to call him Retardo.

Last edited:

Messigician

It's obvious now how logical and intelligent was that 4-4-2 formation from his first year here. Unfortunately Roma and Levante games ruined something that could have been remembered as a legendary season. IMHO it's disrespectful as it gets to call him Retardo.

This.

And I don't even blame him for that levante game. Yerry Mina was diabolical no one could have seen that coming. And Messi getting international friendlies scheduled during club football? What's that about? Idiots! The lot of them

JohnN

This.

And I don't even blame him for that levante game. Yerry Mina was diabolical no one could have seen that coming. And Messi getting international friendlies scheduled during club football? What's that about? Idiots! The lot of them

The fact that we needed Messi to win even against levante shows a lot about that team and the master tactician.

vegitot

The fact that we needed Messi to win even against levante shows a lot about that team and the master tactician.

I will pretend that the 5-1 vs Real Madrid never happen.

Remember that October when Messi was injured and all thought Barca would die??? Beat all Inter Milan, Real Madrid...

Messigician

He was fortunate to get out before shit really hit the fan tbh.

He knew what he had been spared from when he left.

Lmfao stop.

He had no Pedri no Dest, no Dembele, No Suarez no Messi, and he still was first in laliga, undefeated in UCL and topped the group and had a Clasico to play when Messi and Suarez are back from injury.

Shit already hit the fan and he ride the storm out, like he always did.

Fools to sack him fucking fools

Blackened

Lmfao stop.

He had no Pedri no Dest, no Dembele, No Suarez no Messi, and he still was first in laliga, undefeated in UCL and topped the group and had a Clasico to play when Messi and Suarez are back from injury.

Shit already hit the fan and he ride the storm out, like he always did.

Fools to sack him fucking fools

100% true.

Messigician

(🌕) Before Bilbao decided to get ?Marcelino Garc?a Toral? as their new coach, former Bar?a coach ?Ernesto Valverde? had been their first choice but he had said no. At the moment, he will only accept an ?exotic offer?. @iugalde08 #Bilbao 🔴🚫

My GOAT. Holding out for a tier 1 job

FinBarcelonafan

(🌕) Before Bilbao decided to get ?Marcelino Garc?a Toral? as their new coach, former Bar?a coach ?Ernesto Valverde? had been their first choice but he had said no. At the moment, he will only accept an ?exotic offer?. @iugalde08 #Bilbao 🔴🚫

My GOAT. Holding out for a tier 1 job

Enjoying Barca money.

Home of Barca Fans