Lionel Messi - v7

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If both parties were ready to meet and under the impression that a deal would be signed, then I assume Laporta must have figured out a way to factor in Messi's agreed wages within the salary limit.

Or, were they meeting today with the goal to further cut Messi's wages, which was the friction point that led to the breakdown?

xXKonan

Well, considering their current job is to earn millions to take shits from fans, I doubt they care
I'm not talking about online abuse, I'm talking about confrontations.

Rakitic got confronted by the Ultras at his own home after the Liverpool disaster. Imagine Messi not signing a new deal because we have guys who aren't willing to cut their wages to help out. Sure they aren't entitled to do so as they have their own self-interests but this is Lionel Messi we are talking about and fans will be fucking livid.

Rassvet

❗️ Lionel Messi has slowed down the agreement with Barcelona because Cristian Romero of Atalanta has not been signed. [md]

khaled_a_d

I'm not talking about online abuse, I'm talking about confrontations.

Rakitic got confronted by the Ultras at his own home after the Liverpool disaster. Imagine Messi not signing a new deal because we have guys who aren't willing to cut their wages to help out. Sure they aren't entitled to do so as they have their own self-interests but this is Lionel Messi we are talking about and fans will be fucking livid.

Yeah, again I doubt they care that much. They will hire extra security with fraction of what was asked for them to sacrifice.
Those folks has thick skin and has the legal rights to basically screw the club

That said, I won't be surprised our players gets booed in our own games :lol:

BusiTheKing

[rac1] Messi has chosen to activate the clause agreed on last summer with Antonella, in which it was verbally stated that "if you still wants to go to Paris in a year, then by all means let's go but you're not going to rip out the roots of our life here with three children from all their friends and everything they've ever known just because you don't like that fucking guy Bartomeu."

Morten

Messi brings barca more then 300-400mil every year.

Don't count on this money anymore

Yes, i hear people keep saying that, but can you really look at it in isolation?

No way is Messi bringing in like half of Barcelonas revenues on his own, but i guess we'll see.

Messi983

I don't think Messi wants more money than previously agreed but I think he could have questions why he should accept 50% pay cut if other captains would only take 40% and it seems they don't even want to accept that. I could totally understand him here tbh. He was carrying Busi, Alba and Pique on his shoulders for years.

ajnotkeith

I mean Romero to Barca was never serious and we clearly didn't have the capital for it so if its over that Laporta has clearly made some promises he can't keep

Home of Barca Fans