Lionel Messi - v7

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Maybe.
But last few years was a different board, and Barca gate was a different type of news.
As people said here, the Trincao deal proved that there is mo reliable journalist to this board. Laporta has went to war with media in his 1st term by cutting their sources.

Not saying that all news is lies, but something seems missing.
Who knows, maybe I am just in denial

I'd think so too, but it makes too much sense for me. We've overpaid these players. Laporta even said publicly that some of the players took advantage of the last board's stupidity or generosity if you want to call it that.

They wouldn't want to leave or just be tossed aside without a fair compensation, which we cannot afford and other clubs won't match or even offer close to.

These other La Liga salary cap issues was confirmed by Javier Tebas himself in an interview recently.

Prodi

Moises Llorens IS A DISGRACE in tv programs at least for ESPN.
He always defends Bartomeu and he is enjoying the situation that lies ahead for Laporta.

He is a good journalist but his interests were with the previous board, another Bartomeu friend.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You'd be hard pressed to find a journalist or reporter that actually likes Joan Laporta.

He didn't exactly do himself any favours the last time he was the President. Him trying to pull off the stunt of going to Javier Godo and telling him to fire Santi Nolla(and failing obviously) is why that big nosed fuck hates him so much and Mundo Deportivo hates him.

khaled_a_d

I'd think so too, but it makes too much sense for me. We've overpaid these players. Laporta even said publicly that some of the players took advantage of the last board's stupidity or generosity if you want to call it that.

They wouldn't want to leave or just be tossed aside without a fair compensation, which we cannot afford and other clubs won't match or even offer close to.

These other La Liga salary cap issues was confirmed by Javier Tebas himself in an interview recently.

Tebas word was like this:
25% added salary to reduced one
25% of received fees can be used to make transfers.
That seems very doable to me.
What they are saying isn't. Basically they are painting a picture of a situation that can't be resolved.

I prefer to take Tebas words as the accurate description of our situation

Edit: the 25%was on articles about Tebas words, not sure if he said them

Last edited:

Joan

They have certainly done the math at the club.

(i) they know about all the possible clauses in deals with sponsors and how much we earn in case Messi stays (I) / (II) leaves
(ii) they know his exact salary numbers proposed by the new contract and what we spend (-) (I) / (+) (II) save
(iii) they must have an estimate of the impacts Messi staying (I) / (II) leaving would have on the club's other revenue streams
(iv) could go in (iii) but I'll make it separate: prize money in these two cases (Messi staying (I) / (II) leaving), especially the money we get from the CL
(v) other imacts (I) / (II)

(i) can be estimated rather well, (ii) is exact bar the bonuses, (iii) and (iv) are risky but positive they've got some good and reasonable estimate ranges.

Without knowing the sum from (i) to (v) for cases (I) and (II), it's impossible to argue about the financial aspect of the possible contract. Way too complex to guess with limited resources. We can make vague guesses about (iv) meaning sporting successes.

But, I'd hope there could be a plan B like the one BBZ's talking about in Camavinga's thread. Say Messi leaves. I don't think the impact on the revenue would be so sudden. So we might plan for the next summer and try to sign a new star/poster boy and a better coach.

Last edited:

Prodi

You'd be hard pressed to find a journalist or reporter that actually likes Joan Laporta.

He didn't exactly do himself any favours the last time he was the President. Him trying to pull off the stunt of going to Javier Godo and telling him to fire Santi Nolla(and failing obviously) is why that big nosed fuck hates him so much and Mundo Deportivo hates him.

There is a story in which the days before the 2003 elections, MundoDeportivo (Santi Nolla) already had polls where they gave Laporta the winner of the elections. MD was in favor of his opponents (nunistas). Well, MD asked Laporta to negotiate to have licenses to sell official products of the club with the newspaper (remember that we are in 2003 and the paper was sold a lot), along with information from within the club in exchange for protection in the media.

Laporta refused, and until today.

Campaign against Laporta and in favor of Rosell when he resigned in 2006 until he was president and they regained all the privileges.

Fc Barcelona is always full of drama.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Tebas word was like this:
25% added salary to reduced one
25% of received fees can be used to make transfers.

That seems very doable to me.
What they are saying isn't. Basically they are painting a picture of a situation that can't be resolved.

I prefer to take Tebas words as the accurate description of our situation

Edit: the 25%was on articles about Tebas words, not sure if he said them

Khaled, can you explain what the 25% thingy means? I am confused.

xxxxxx

I?ve seen that even if we get rid of Pjanic, Umtiti and Coutinho, we still won?t be able to register the 4 new players and Messi. It?s looking like we either take the new 4 signings or we keep Messi. We can?t have both selections. Actually, I doubt we can have either at this point.

How the hell do we reduce the wage bill by 200m without releasing/selling/loaning most of the squad? It seems like it?s going to impossible to achieve.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If we cut our salary with 4M, we can sign a player for 4M.
So, if Depay is signed for 5M, we need to reduce salary with 20M (i.e 15M total reduction) to register him.

You meant if we cut our salary by 4m, we can sign a player with a wage of 1m, not 4m, right? If so, this makes sense. If we can cut Messi's wages (essentially by deferring it) by a lot, we should be able to get 25% of the reduced wages as the buffer/room to take on new players like Depay and Garcia etc.

I only saw this 25% thing mentioned by Tebas via MD, not sure what it meant. At the same time, those wage bill limit numbers are hard numbers/threshold that we can't breach, I think. Without knowing the numbers, I guess we fans really don't know what the situation really is. But judging from the fact that Laporta and Alemany actually met with Tebas last Friday asking for some sort of concession, the situation must be dire.

Givenchy

I?ve seen that even if we get rid of Pjanic, Umtiti and Coutinho, we still won?t be able to register the 4 new players and Messi. It?s looking like we either take the new 4 signings or we keep Messi. We can?t have both selections. Actually, I doubt we can have either at this point.

How the hell do we reduce the wage bill by 200m without releasing/selling/loaning most of the squad? It seems like it?s going to impossible to achieve.

Not sure how it will be possible but I'm guessing we could end up having to use la masia players in the first team and sell off literally every starter if it comes down to it

raskolnikov

Not sure how it will be possible but I'm guessing we could end up having to use la masia players in the first team and sell off literally every starter if it comes down to it

How, if they dont leave you are still stuck with the wages.
You cant sell them if they dont want to go and clubs wont offer similair contracts.

Home of Barca Fans