Lionel Messi - v7

FinBarcelonafan

It's in la liga's best interest Messi signs with us. Imagine Messi leaving for France, who'd be left in Spain? Almost noone.

This. Messi is one of few reasons to watch Laaliga(for casual fan).

Even Clasicos have turned into crap.(compared to earlier years).

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I think the main difference between the top Premier League clubs and the rest are the managers, Guardiola, Klopp, Tuchel & Nagelsmann are the 4 best coaches in Europe imo, 3 of them in England. But I don't think Klopp will stay at Liverpool much longer and Tuchel will probably get sacked within the next 2 seasons.

Barca have got to be looking at those guys, even Bayern don't keep coaches for longer than 3 years so Nagelsmann might be available soon enough and Barca have got to stop going for mediocre coaches and realise that they need world-class manager more than they need world-class players.

I wouldn't be so doom and gloom about La Liga's future, and Barca and Real will be fine if they stop wasting so much money, so hopefully Barca have learned their lesson.

Wouldnt count nagelsmann as top4 coach, otherwise i agree.

SmilerBam

Not sure he will much longer, as with Ronaldo, football is moving on.

Ironically if Messi was granted his wish last summer he'd also be playing in the PL :lol: I agree about the South American thing, Madrid and Barca will always be favorites there, we just gotta hope they start producing

Problem for La Liga though; the PL is not only more competitive across the board (La liga was closer last season but thats down to Madrid, Barca and Atleti being shit), more exposure, more money etc but the football is improving as top managers join, that was something Spanish teams always had over their English counterparts. Super league was the last hope to draw some kinda line but now thats failed, PL teams will soar. United just blew 75mil+ on Sancho in a pandemic.

Many of my friends are PL fanboys but would always tune in to el Clasico.. but when you look at Barca-Madrid now, theres not much clasico about it. coached by 2 failed Everton managers..

I hate to be doom and gloom, Barca do have talent in Pedri, Ansu etc and la liga will bounce back but if we keep these old players around for their name only, we could easily become Milan 2.0. Madrid are moving on from Ramos, Ronaldo is gone and now it's time Barca followed suit
Yeah i see how football has moved on, with Ronaldo scoring 5 at the Euros ,and with Mbappe, the bestest talent since Fredie Mercury, has scored a grand total of zero. Messi is still the best player in the world, at 34. Ronaldo is not far off, maybe only Lewa is slightly better. Madrid has moved on from Ronaldio, how many CL's they have since? You think they ll find very easy a player like Ramos, even at his age? People want change for the sakes of it, do we have the money to replace Messi with someone at least 80% of his value in this moment? You really think Barca will be better without Messi and with the current team? You are having a laugh.

Givenchy

Yeah i see how football has moved on, with Ronaldo scoring 5 at the Euros ,and with Mbappe, the bestest talent since Fredie Mercury, has scored a grand total of zero. Messi is still the best player in the world, at 34. Ronaldo is not far off, maybe only Lewa is slightly better. Madrid has moved on from Ronaldio, how many CL's they have since? You think they ll find very easy a player like Ramos, even at his age? People want change for the sakes of it, do we have the money to replace Messi with someone at least 80% of his value in this moment? You really think Barca will be better without Messi and with the current team? You are having a laugh.

Was waiting for the M.O.B to arrive (Messi Over Barca)

Football is moving on because Ronaldo and Messi are at the ends of their careers. I never said the next crop of players would be near those 2, they won't and we are likely never to see the likes of Messi's talent + longevity ever again.

This isn't about 'change for the sake of it' at all. Barca are in a financial ruin; cut the players wages, sure but don't then siphon that money to give a wantaway Messi a new contract. but but but Messi would play for free, but Messi is loyal and loves only Barca. No, Messi has ran out of options - I don't see City or PSG lining up any contracts for him anymore, Barca are his only option.

Will Barca be a better team without Messi? of course not, we will suffer as Madrid have suffered without Ronaldo BUT it's a break that has to be done sooner rather than later. We aren't talking about any old player here on modest wages, we are talking about an old player on GOAT tier wages, he earns more now than he did during his peak, THAT is ridiculous. You are talking about us not being able to afford a player to replace him, we can't even afford to renew Messi himself :lol: even if we cut player wages we still can't afford him and that is down to 1 thing: GREED

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Was waiting for the M.O.B to arrive (Messi Over Barca)

Football is moving on because Ronaldo and Messi are at the ends of their careers. I never said the next crop of players would be near those 2, they won't and we are likely never to see the likes of Messi's talent + longevity ever again.

This isn't about 'change for the sake of it' at all. Barca are in a financial ruin; cut the players wages, sure but don't then siphon that money to give a wantaway Messi a new contract. but but but Messi would play for free, but Messi is loyal and loves only Barca. No, Messi has ran out of options - I don't see City or PSG lining up any contracts for him anymore, Barca are his only option.

Will Barca be a better team without Messi? of course not, we will suffer as Madrid have suffered without Ronaldo BUT it's a break that has to be done sooner rather than later. We aren't talking about any old player here on modest wages, we are talking about an old player on GOAT tier wages, he earns more now than he did during his peak, THAT is ridiculous. You are talking about us not being able to afford a player to replace him, we can't even afford to renew Messi himself :lol: even if we cut player wages we still can't afford him and that is down to 1 thing: GREED

Wouldnt it make more sense to sell players who do nothing for us like Coutinho or Dembele and save the wages of them ?

Dembele is injured so he won't leave.

And nobody will offer the asking price for Coutinho. Sure, 20 million, ok - but Barca won't sell at that price.

Messi has to go. I'm sorry, I love him as a player but at some point he needs to decide whether money is more important to him than the financial future of this team (just kiddin', it's always about the money).

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Dembele is injured so he won't leave.

And nobody will offer the asking price for Coutinho. Sure, 20 million, ok - but Barca won't sell at that price.

Messi has to go. I'm sorry, I love him as a player but at some point he needs to decide whether money is more important to him than the financial future of this team (just kiddin', it's always about the money).

The best scenario would be if he is ready to accept a paycut, guy would still earn a lot. PSG can only buy him if they sell Mbappe i think which would make them too weak for winning the cl so even from Messi's perspective it would make sense to stay here and win la liga instead of ligue 1 next season

Of course - and you'd expect that your legendary player, captain, achiever of so many records in the Barca shirt would take a substantial pay cut at the end of his career in order to help his club. It's not like he would be paid at poverty levels or that he has no more income streams.

The fact that this is not happening says a lot about how modern players view the clubs they play at - a piggy bank, nothing more. If that's the case, he should find a new financier. Some soulless club like City or PSG...

JohnN

Of course - and you'd expect that your legendary player, captain, achiever of so many records in the Barca shirt would take a substantial pay cut at the end of his career in order to help his club. It's not like he would be paid at poverty levels or that he has no more income streams.

The fact that this is not happening says a lot about how modern players view the clubs they play at - a piggy bank, nothing more. If that's the case, he should find a new financier. Some soulless club like City or PSG...

A lot of baseless claims and assertions coming from you about Messi and his stance towards the club while at the same time you defend a certain Portuguese player with such passion in another thread. You remind me of someone who recently went on vacation again.

kattanib

Messi deserves any bad mouthing he gets even if its baseless claims. This is what he gets for being passive aggressive with his silent treatment

Home of Barca Fans