Lionel Messi - v7

Sailor Mars

I don't believe this.

I think this is a move by Barca to get La Liga sponsors and media partners to put more pressure on Tebas so that he allows relaxation of financial rules to allow Barca to sign Messi.

raskolnikov

Tebas isn't going to change the rules. If he wanted to do it, he would have already done it by now. It'll make him look extremely soft. Also, if he changes the rules now, who's to say that Real Madrid won't want a rule changing another time?

Yeah but la liga without Messi? Its loses so much appeal/money.

Sailor Mars

Tebas isn't going to change the rules. If he wanted to do it, he would have already done it by now. It'll make him look extremely soft. Also, if he changes the rules now, who's to say that Real Madrid won't want a rule changing another time?

An official statement probably has more of an effect on sponsors and broadcast partners rather than just rumors. I imagine there are corporations that have paid millions to La Liga upset about Messi leaving and they probably will let Tebas and the league know that.

Andresito

Staff member
Read the text one or two more times. It's so carefully worded. All blame is put on Liga. I still believe he'll stay.

Leong157

Come on. There are so many ways to do the power play even though it may not be as serious.

Leaking news about Messi considering leaving and joining other clubs, do the press and said negotiations with Messi has broken because of La Liga etc.

Officially announced Messi is leaving is too much. It effects too many things of our clubs Sponsor, investment, fans etc.

Some BIG disagreement must have happened today that broke the negotiations.

Windhook

I'm sad, but this was coming a long time. Bartomeu set up all the mines for this. The club is ruined financially, as well as the whole Spanish football. I wish Leo all the best and grateful for all the unforgettable moments. Gracias leyenda!

Devils

This club is so disgusting man.

Bet Lyin' Joan Laporta will feed us some BS tomorrow just like Barto did for the last few years. Maybe even shed a few tears.

I'm glad I stopped giving my money to this corrupt, shameful organization.

JamDav1982

It's like you are on Villareal's forum. Wake up lads, we always had a superstar forward to turn things around.

From the dream team, to Rivaldo, to Ronaldinho, to Messi.

World of football has completley changed since those players were signed.

Barca I would guess will go after a big name in next few seasons but much more unlikely than ever to get them.

Home of Barca Fans