Lionel Messi - v7

CatalinR10

Breaking: #ManCity will NOT be joining the race to sign Lionel Messi. The player is NOT in their plans. His Wage demands are too much[via @polballus/@TimesSport]

So he'll sign with PSG .....

Neymar - Mbapee - Messi

I have no ideea how to think about this. Makes me sick knowing Messi won't continue here.

BBZ8800

Official homepage:
Despite FC Barcelona and Lionel Messi having reached an agreement and the clear intention of both parties to sign a new contract today, this cannot happen because of financial and structural obstacles (Spanish Liga regulations).

Basically: The salary cap of 160M (?) makes it impossible to renew him.

I don't know.
We haven't sold anyone from big earners: Cou, Dembele, Griezz.
We haven't got rid of Busi, Roberto, Alba, Pique.

Some options popping on my mind:
1. we never really wanted to renew him. We had no money and we didn't get rid of anyone.
Either we really couldn't offload anyone, or we didn't try too hard either and everything was a smokescreen.
Remember that in his first stint Laporta got rid of 17 players. He sacked everyone except young Xavi, Iniesta, Valdes, Puyol, Motta.
Maybe he is doing something similar starting this summer?
2. or... Messi never really wanted to renew and everything was a smokescreen?
And he will leave to Psg and reunite with his best friend Neymar again?

There is also a chance that we just couldn't reach a normal agreement with him, but I am not byuing it.
He wanted to leave the last summer also.

wisconsincule

In a sudden turn of events La Liga and Tebas will give FCB a financial break and Messi will in the end sign an extension….

Im here for it.

SmilerBam

Well, i thought this day will never come...but it's absymal how it came. It's good we still have the biggest bums in history in the squad(Griezzyboy, Dumbele and Cuntinho) , but we couldn t keep fecking Lionel Messi. Fuck you Bartomeu, fuck you Laporta and fuck you Tebas.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Exciting times. I was thinking lately that him not renewing is best for us financially, and even long-term sporting project-wise. We need a new leader in attack though, players have to step up.

Home of Barca Fans