Lionel Messi - v7

Laplacian

I get it, I hate this squad as well. Well he did give us 18 years or so of his service, so no hard feelings. Curious to see what he'll do next, considering he still wants elite football I'm assuming a reunion with Pep might work out.

Joan

Why negotiate if not happy with the 'project'?

Most of it about money, I'm sure. Wouldn't take so long if Barca wasn't in trouble.

vuji_31

He knows this players are average at the best, and that he can't win even La Liga anymore.

Smart move for him, his last 4 years are destroyed by Barto and his signings.

xxxxxx

I mean who would be surprised if he didn't agree with the Sporting Project.

Laporta said he believes the current cycle is over when he got elected.

Then proceeds to renew bums like Roberto, sign fossils like Aguero and keep that lower mid-table manager Koeman in charge.

Laporta been all talk since the day he got elected.

I said this before he was elected. It was a different time back when he was first election. We were nowhere in the shit as we are now. Also, he doesn't have the La Masia talent he had back then as he does now. It's very tough for him, especially with the amount of debt we're in..... and not to mention the salary cap.

Raketa10

It's not about sporting project. Guys don't be stupid. We simply don't have money and Laporta did his best during the last couple of months. We simply can't afford big signings and Leo knew that long before today.

What do you guys expected? The only signings we made were players out of the contract because we can't afford anyone else. This is on Barto and not Laporta. Regarding coach, situation is the same, we couldn't afford anyone else.

It's not problem that Leo doesn't want to renew. Problem is that this is 100% about the money and not sporting project.

Last edited:

Joan

It's not about sporting project. Guys don't be stupid. We simply don't have money and Laporta did his best during the last couple of months. We simply can't afford big signings and Leo knew that long before today.

Exactly.

All about wages.

xxxxxx

Why negotiate if not happy with the 'project'?

Most of it about money, I'm sure. Wouldn't take so long if Barca wasn't in trouble.

Well.... this has taken a long time to sort out. Maybe he's had enough time to change his mind. Let's be honest here, they've been working on a deal for the past 8 weeks. Maybe he thought back in early June or July that Laporta would change a lot of things and make the team more competitive. I did say the other day that Laporta was playing with fire by taking this long.

JamDav1982

What has Laporta done in last couple months?

ajnotkeith

I love everyone here ranting about Messi being 'greedy' with wages when he could go to PSG and get 700k right now hahaha, he's not greedy our club is just in complete disarray and that's not his fault

Home of Barca Fans