Lionel Messi - v7

soul24rage

If BarcaOG was the Messi of Messi haters, you're more like a Bojan or Halilovic :mou:

I rate the user around Neymar level. I don't remember one good post about Messi from that user in recent times.

At least BBZ and Serghei congratulated Messi on the Copa America win.

eaman

Maybe he will do well for a team like city but i see him in danger under pressure which he will get more in PL than in la liga. For example look how he played against liverpool 2019, guy was completely destroyed by the pressing. Lately i see busi only doing well when he plays against small teams, the big teams are as the name already suggests too big.

When was he destroyed by Liverpool pressing? He was barcelonas best player over 2 legs. 2 goals and 5 clear chances created. Also he won't be playing for barcelona in the premier league he will be playing for a better team. Also that Liverpool team isn't the same as it was and he will be playing poorer teams 90 percent of the time

Fati_Future_BallonDor

When was he destroyed by Liverpool pressing? He was barcelonas best player over 2 legs. 2 goals and 5 clear chances created. Also he won't be playing for barcelona in the premier league he will be playing for a better team. Also that Liverpool team isn't the same as it was and he will be playing poorer teams 90 percent of the time

Busquets was great at home but weak at anfield and Messi was by far barca's best player over two legs.

Rassvet

Lol. They just wait for him to be out from vacation and he'll sign a new contract. It's the hope that kills you, Rassvet.

First, they were waiting for his birthday to announce it, then they were waiting until Copa America was over, now they are waiting for his vacation to end

:lol:

Jadentheman

Relax no other club can afford his wages. Even the oil and billionaire backed clubs can't unless they violate FFP and other wage limits.

serghei

Relax no other club can afford his wages. Even the oil and billionaire backed clubs can't unless they violate FFP and other wage limits.

FFP? If Messi wants to join PSG he can do it, Nasser will find a way since he has UEFA in his pocket so to speak. I think Messi is thinking about his legacy and about retirement at this stage, about the stability of his family. His personality is different to that of guys like Cristiano or Ibrahimovic.

Why dent a perfect story by going to that club at 35? To prove what? There is nothing more to prove except winning a World Cup. PSG are dead on favorites to win the next CL looking at the deals they've made.

Mbappe, Neymar, Di Maria, and now they finally woke up and added defensive and midfield quality. Ramos, Donnaruma, Hakimi, Gini are outrageously good signings exactly in the weak areas (except GK).

Last edited:

Rassvet

FFP? If Messi wants to join PSG he can do it, Nasser will find a way since he has UEFA in his pocket so to speak. I think Messi is thinking about his legacy and about retirement at this stage, about the stability of his family. His personality is different to that of guys like Cristiano or Ibrahimovic.

Why dent a perfect story by going to that club at 35?
That's why they're pulling this whole charade now so he can leave while claiming he wanted to stay but was forced out by Barto and covid ruining our finances. Almost no chance of him staying now imo. I'll eat my fedora if he does.

Porque

Messi has agreed a 5 year deal with Inter Miami. They will loan him to FC Barcelona for the first 2 years. [Source: Miami Masala Guys]

We move.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Messi has agreed a 5 year deal with Inter Miami. They will loan him to FC Barcelona for the first 2 years. [Source: Miami Masala Guys]

We move.

It's a joke, but gotta wonder if an arrangement like that would help circumvent La Liga's salary restrictions :thinking:

Now you obviously need a team like Inter Miami to enter this rather grey area arrangement and convince them to pay most of Messi's salary while Barca pay them back through a partnership of some sort.

Home of Barca Fans