Lionel Messi - v7

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
ok, but u don't consider that Messi means money going out and money going into Barcelona
(many say that the balance is positive).
So if you take away Messi you save his salary but you deprive yourself of the income he ensures you.
And I don't think the financial situation of the team can improve so much to buy and pay salaries to 3 top players.

Many are clueless when it comes to finances and the "analysis" / "model" behind how they derive those number are absurd, just read it for yourself lol... and yes we most certainly can.

Daniele

Many are clueless when it comes to finances and the "analysis" / "model" behind how they derive those number are absurd, just read it for yourself lol... and yes we most certainly can.
"The conclusion is that Messi generates 145m every year for the club - more than his 138m basic wage."

Source givemesport.com;

https://www.givemesport.com/1644969-lionel-messi-contract-barcelona-star-has-generated-more-than-12b-in-four-years

Btw, with or withour Messi, Barca trasfertmarket will be under the sign of austerity. Forget the "names"

Last edited:

malvolio

we are just speculating here and it's very likely we won't find the truth anyway.

but i believe the guys running the club have done the math beforehand giving messi that huge contract. in fact, i believe they have calculated correctly and worked within the budget when they gave big contracts to the likes of griezmann or FDJ also.

the only thing that they got wrong and might have negatively affected us, were the transfer fees for certain players over the last years. those should have been signings that would have kept the club competitive these days. instead we are relying on messi for both creativity(playmaking) and attack(finishing).

Fati_Future_BallonDor

we are just speculating here and it's very likely we won't find the truth anyway.

but i believe the guys running the club have done the math beforehand giving messi that huge contract. in fact, i believe they have calculated correctly and worked within the budget when they gave big contracts to the likes of griezmann or FDJ also.

the only thing that they got wrong and might have negatively affected us, were the transfer fees for certain players over the last years. those should have been signings that would have kept the club competitive these days. instead we are relying on messi for both creativity(playmaking) and attack(finishing).

Wow you too from Romania ? Crazy how many Romania members we have here.

Edit: Wow Messi has already scored 18 goals in la liga !! Only 8 goals missing to Lewandowski for golden shoe. Imagine Messi wouldnt have missed so many chances this season, he would have nearly 30 goals.

Last edited:

malvolio

Pressures(number of times applying pressure to opposing player who is receiving, carrying or releasing the ball) in 20/21 + (success rate)

Lewandoski: 231 attempted/81 successful (35.1%)
Messi: 168 attempted/57 successful (33.9%)
Lukaku : 149 attempted/47 successful (31.5%)
Haaland: 162 attempted/50 successful (30.9%)
Salah: 294 attempted/90 successful (30.6%)
Mbappe: 103 attempted/31 successful (30.1%)
Ronaldo : 110 attempted/27 successful (24.5%)
Kane : 265 attempted/64 successful (24.2%)
Benzema : 140 attempted/24 successful (17.1%)

[FBREF.COM]

Lazy Messi :worthy:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Pressures(number of times applying pressure to opposing player who is receiving, carrying or releasing the ball) in 20/21 + (success rate)

[FBREF.COM]

He's been very active at pressing the likes of Alaves but being completely static vs PSG for some reason this season. Maybe Koeman's tactics.

Rory

He chooses his moments to press so sporadically and seemingly based on no external factor other than when he feels like it. That's the only issue I have with his pressing. I think this season except the first 5-8 games he's pressed well for his position/role in the team.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

[FBREF.COM]

Difficult, against big teams he didnt run much.

malvolio

He's been very active at pressing the likes of Alaves but being completely static vs PSG for some reason this season. Maybe Koeman's tactics.

He chooses his moments to press so sporadically and seemingly based on no external factor other than when he feels like it. That's the only issue I have with his pressing. I think this season except the first 5-8 games he's pressed well for his position/role in the team.

Difficult, against big teams he didnt run much.

:lol:

up until now the discussion was that he doesn't press much and that hinders our defensive play. now that we look at the numbers and we see that he is pretty much in line with other forwards, he is not pressing when we want or against who we want. what next boys? he can't do it on a wet, windy wednesday night in stoke?

malvolio

Goal(the two offensive actions directly leading to a goal, such as passes, dribbles and drawing fouls)
and
Shot(the two offensive actions directly leading to a shot, such as passes, dribbles and drawing fouls.)
Creation (Total & Per 90')

Neymar Goal(14 1.45) + Shot (74 7.69)
Lionel Messi Goal(25 1.21) + Shot(156 7.58)
Jadon Sancho Goal(25 1.21) + Shot(93 4.98)
Kylian Mbappe Goal(20 1.12) + Shot(74 4.13)
Joshua Kimmich Goal(13 0.96) + Shot(67 4.94)
Bruno Fernandes Goal(22 0.94) + Shot(118 5.05)
Jack Grealish Goal(20 0.91) + Shot(134 6.10)
Kevin De Bruyne Goal(15 0.91) + Shot(105 6.39)
Angel Di Maria Goal(13 0.87) + Shot(93 6.21)
Memphis Depay Goal(18 0.81) + Shot(123 5.56)
Hakan ?alhanoğlu Goal(14 0.80) + Shot(112 6.36)

[FBREF.COM]

Bum Messi, not even Top 3 in the world! :worthy:

Rory

up until now the discussion was that he doesn't press much and that hinders our defensive play. now that we look at the numbers and we see that he is pretty much in line with other forwards, he is not pressing when we want or against who we want. what next boys? he can't do it on a wet, windy wednesday night in stoke?

Not everything is black and white was more my point. I've said he's been mostly good at pressing but he doesn't seem to do that intense pressing in the biggest games. Simply a fair analysis. Saying he's been outright great or terrible with pressing would just be false.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

His pressing numbers have gone up this season, find those for the previous ones - they were lower. Anyway, I dont have a problem with Messi?s defensive work rate as long as he is the only one doing less work as the CF in the defensive phase. Only pressing strikers like Firmino have high numbers in that area. My gripe was that we had two such players for years that made the first defensive line of pressing non-existent. Without Suarez, it is okay.

SmilerBam

People are very weird on this forum.They like bums like Dumbele, but they hate on Messi, our best player ever and the sole reason we are in top 4 this season.I question their sanity.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Mascherano: '' I would never dare to give Leo advice. It is a personal decision that he will have to decide within his family. As a friend I will support the decision I make.”

Our last real captain - grande Masche :worthy:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
This forum is comedy gold sometimes. Same people who shit on Leo, will give you shit for shitting on CR7. Think some of the CL humiliations in recent years must have given some people on here a mental illness because it’s fucking embarrassing considering this is a place for Barca fans first and foremost.

Home of Barca Fans