Lionel Messi - v7

Newcomer

if we combine all the pieces of puzzle I believe Messi to PSG is really happening.

Messi will do exactly like Neymar and go nowhere. Those are players almost impossible to buy/pay, especially in this period. The only clubs doing well are those from PL due to their absurdly high TV deals. Manchester City could theorically do it i guess but i see Messi staying in the end.

I see as much truth in those "Messi to PSG" reports as those "Neymar has decided to not renew and go back to Bar?a" reports hours before he actually renews. Complete smoke.

Hardy

Messi will do exactly like Neymar and go nowhere. Those are players almost impossible to buy/pay, especially in this period. The only clubs doing well are those from PL due to their absurdly high TV deals. Manchester City could theorically do it i guess but i see Messi staying in the end.

I see as much truth in those "Messi to PSG" reports as those "Neymar has decided to not renew and go back to Bar?a" reports hours before he actually renews. Complete smoke.

never believed for one second to Neymar comeback because of our financial issue, that was just usual idiotic catalan press thing which we saw lot of times in the past, Messi case is not the same for the simple reason he's a free agent and PSG can offer to him a better team for a short run in CL and likely a better wage. but we'll see in 2 weeks.

Newcomer

never believed for one second to Neymar comeback because of our financial issue, that was just usual idiotic catalan press thing which we saw lot of times in the past, Messi case is not the same for the simple reason he's a free agent and PSG can offer to him a better team for a short run in CL and likely a better wage. but we'll see in 2 weeks.

Can PSG afford Messi salary though even if he was interested in ? I don't think so.

Jadentheman

In theory they can. In reality with FFP UEFA probably not. I feel like UEFA will enforce stuff for a while to maintain their status after the Super League fiasco.

Newcomer

deluded messibois posting here like we won a title or...heaven forbid...won a match :lol: :lol: :facepalm: :shakeshead: #abysmal standards

I can understand Bar?a fans being fanboys of the best player of the history of their club who is also the best player of this season for their club.

It seems very good standards imo.

SmilerBam

I can understand Bar?a fans being fanboys of the best player of the history of their club who is also the best player of this season for their club.

It seems very good standards imo.

So even a PSG fan tell us how it is normal and a supposedly Barca fan that hates Messi like he started global warming will not abide. Anyway, Newcomer, if you may, can you make an imagination exercise? How would it feel if you would have had for 16 years a player like Messi in your team? I am sure people will start to miss Messi when he'll be gone, maybe right now we got too used with his brilliance. Even in this shambolic and pathetic performance that we had against A. Madrid, he was our best player. But he should be SuperMan at 34 years old and fly with the ball in the net. See,this is what happens when people play too much fifa...they forgot how real FOOTBALL really is.

SmilerBam

It?s really unbelievable even though he?s playing with shitty players still the top goalscorer and a top 3 in Europe right now

Yet an invisible player like Pedri gets all the praise and if Messi has an off game, it's the end of the world. He has to go imo. We'll see how good is Barca next year with ''world class'' Pedri,Griezzyboy and newcomers like Depay and Eric Garcia.

sickstar

This is an interesting detail, mind you.
Messi had been disposessed only once. Once. Well yeah i thought something else was incredible tonight but don't know what. It's this fact:

5 dribbles succeeded
1 disposessed
9 times being fouled... 9!

You see so many times i've seen that messi, with so many take ons he tried in a match, although gets a lot of that succeeded, also got dispossed pretty often. You can see the stats yourself. Also considering the amount of men around him, quite logical.

But tonight, atletico just can't take/ didn't bother to go for the ball. They just tried to slam his feet whenever he got into a run, although still failed in several occasions. I think they're planning to get his emotion high. But they failed. He was calm throughout the game this time.

And look at what atleti did with Dest and pedri. They each had 3 and 4 times dispossed. This is not usual. Messi has less disposessed with more dribble attempts and more people around than these guys. It's quite rare.

You see what's going on here??

Atleti has succeeded with their aggressive and strong harsh tackles that made barca players a bit afraid of duels. Look what they've done to Bob. Well ,at least in the 1st half. 2nd half we played well, we manage to dominate them, just lack that final blow.

But messi, just 1 disposessed and 9 times fouled.. just let that sink in..

Last edited:

sickstar

He was the most dangerous out there for us but there?s no one to play off. Only regular option is Alba and hope. Sure part of it is down to him etc. He?s the captain and main man so he shares blame. Can?t see who else would make this team perform better and win more. Whole team has to be on form for him to have options to make something happen. Frenkie, Ilaix, Pedri not offering enough creatively so he has to drop deep

Frankie was a bit quiet not like usual. But it has to be his more defensive role needed to face atleti aggresive stance, particularly during the first half. Ilaix should be braver in duels with his posture there. We lack players like mascherano and vidal with their physical presence and stamina at the moment. And Pedri not as effective as usual. Atleti doing the non stop pressures didn't help.

Newcomer

So even a PSG fan tell us how it is normal and a supposedly Barca fan that hates Messi like he started global warming will not abide. Anyway, Newcomer, if you may, can you make an imagination exercise? How would it feel if you would have had for 16 years a player like Messi in your team? I am sure people will start to miss Messi when he'll be gone, maybe right now we got too used with his brilliance. Even in this shambolic and pathetic performance that we had against A. Madrid, he was our best player. But he should be SuperMan at 34 years old and fly with the ball in the net. See,this is what happens when people play too much fifa...they forgot how real FOOTBALL really is.

If i was a Bar?a fan, he would be my most favourite player for sure. Even nostalgia wouldn't be enough to make me love the older generations great players more than him. The only thing i would be angry about was when he was trying to leave the club for free after the time period of the clause. Other than that, it is difficult not to like the player. I guess people are taking him from granted and he is bashed when performing a bit under his stupidly high standards.

Home of Barca Fans