Lionel Messi - v7

JamDav1982

EPL is the better league now but how do you define it as more technical? It is the last impression I would get from an average EPL game.

There are a ton of EPL players outside the top four that would get in Barcelona squad. How many in La Liga?

United and Chelsea were better sides techincally than Sociedad and Atletico and that is comparing CL challenging teams.

Start comparing after that and it the gap is huge.

Kul_z

Technical ability in EPL is higher than La Liga across the board.

Just a cliche that was once true and hasnt been for a while now is that it is low techincal league in comparison to others.

The SPL has more exciting games. More exciting games often comes with shitter teams and more mistakes.

More exciting games? In this pandemic i watched a lot of football, including epl games. They are boring as fuck, excluding some teams that are pretty entertaining, hats off to them.
La liga lack intensity. And thats the thing they would need to improve to be competitive

Gnidrologist

EPL is the better league now but how do you define it as more technical? It is the last impression I would get from an average EPL game.
Most teams are very bad in possession, first touch, one touch passing and even general off the ball positioning to have meaningful possession. The passing game is mostly very formulaic. Yes, players are drilled better than 20 years back in how to keepball, but still are very not-exciting to watch. Very rarely there are any intricate one touch combos and dribbles that unlocks defenses. And defenses themselves are kinda crap to begin with, so i'm not surprised that ManCity can roll over most teams again once Pep got his mojo in tact. It's just very academic and low creativity that baffles me about the "strongest league on the world". I'd rather Watch Betis vs Bilbao on the night than Man United vs Chelsea, because the later would probably bore me to death most of the time.
Also, EPL now has a lot of technical players from South like spaniards, portuguese, lot of south americans. It makes them look better in technical ability, but team play is till boring, because most teams play the same academic shit football that is very predictable.

JamDav1982

More exciting games? In this pandemic i watched a lot of football, including epl games. They are boring as fuck, excluding some teams that are pretty entertaining, hats off to them.
La liga lack intensity. And thats the thing they would need to improve to be competitive

Good on you if watch SPL.

The standard of technical players in La Liga is as poor as ever seen it. After the top teams which are no great shakes it is more on par with championship than EPL.

Mid table teams like Granada with EPL rejects are not nearly on same level as techincal players in EPL.

As said there are plenty of players with level in EPL that top teams will want from outside top four. There are barely any in same teams in La Liga.

Last edited:

SmilerBam

Quite bad in 2021 when you have to mention 2009 as though that?s going to happen today in the mighty PL against the best players in the world and against all the young hungry lions that play in England :facepalm: let me put what you just said another way to show you how silly it sounds, it?s like someone saying in 2021.

?You best hope Mike Tyson doesn?t fight Anthony Joshua, he?ll knock that Brit out like he did that other Brit Frank Bruno twice in 1989 and 1996?

If Messi knows what?s best for him, he?ll stay in Barcelona and carry on stealing a living or move to Inter (Miami).

Because If not and he actually comes to the PL, he?s not yours anymore, he?s mine and on my ship, you don?t carry your weight your off and thrown overboard and let me tell you, if the PL doesn?t see the ?best player in the world? I?m going to call him what he is, a fucking flop and another victim of the mighty PL.

Why won't you fuck off and post on your own loser team forums?Still stings that we destroyed you in those finals,huh?Oh and a bout that mighty PL,when are you gonna win another one,maybe in 2030?You'll always be Pep's bitches,be it at Barca or City.And if Messi comes in your neanderthalian league at CITY,he'll have the league at his feet in one month:)) Go and watch Rashford,Martial and other wannabees you have in your team.And good luck in the Europa League,maybe this year is YOUR yeart o win it.

fergus90

The standard of technical players in La Liga is as poor as ever seen it. After the top teams which are no great shakes it is more on par with championship than EPL.

Mid table teams like Granada with EPL rejects are not nearly on same level as techincal players in EPL.

As said there are plenty of players with level in EPL that top teams will want from outside top four. There are barely any in same teams in La Liga.

Do you have a SPL team JamDav? It would be good for the Old Firm to be competitive again, been a while since there was a proper title race there.

wisconsincule

For Messi's legacy you best hope he doesn't move to City, can you imagine a 34 year old Messi moving to City and being outshone by KDB for example? Especially when 36 year old Ronaldo is still doing the business and the main guy at Juventus.

There's always been a big question mark about Messi and his ability to play in another league, but it's no good deciding to do that now, should have done it 5 years ago, so if i was him in terms of legacy I'd stay well away from the mighty PL, it has potential to chew him up, spit him out Di Maria/Thiago Alcantara style, if that happens, well you all know me I'm a fair guy, i'll give him time (say 2 months) to settle into his new club, if KDB is outshining him or any other of City's titans after 2 months I'm going to be like "get that flop out of here".

Stay where you are Messi in the Cage Rage league looking good against plumbers and doormen, come to the UFC (PL) at this stage of your career, it's not going to end well for you.

:lol: :lol:

What a fucking idiot this guy is. These Man U fans are the worst. FC Barcelona>>>>Man U and there is absolutely nothing this clown can do about it besides cry like a child.

Richard.H

I must say, I was happy to see Messi so happy after Pique's goal and after the match. It's been rare to see him smiling that much lately. He's had a lot of losses in his career in the past 3-4 years, so I'm hoping we go on and win this trophy at the very least.

Kul_z

You mean same granada that knocked out napoli our of el?

KingLeo10

Messi in his last 24 games against Premier League top 6 teams: 26 goals and 5 assists

:lol:

Imagine doubting Messi's ability to do it versus top competition when the man has dropped ~30 goals + ~15 assists on RM, ~30 goals on Atletico Madrid, and ~30 goals v PL sides in CL. And snatched Bayern's soul twice, just to name a few instances.

JamDav1982

You mean same granada that knocked out napoli our of el?

Aye the very same one.

Probably not best to point to European results in last month or so when trying to argue for strength of La Liga though.

Granada dont have a single great or technical player that any top club would be looking to pick up bar maybe GK as a back up.

Home of Barca Fans