Lionel Messi - v7

I hope he wins jack shit until he starts running and stops being a lazy fuck. Captain my ass.

We are still waiting for you to provide an example of an attacker in his 30's who runs significantly more than Messi.

If you have a player that creates everything in your team, does all the playmaking, scores all the goals, performs all the dribbles, then it is wise to ask him to save his energy for doing the aforementioned. But keep beating him over the head with that nonsensical 'he should run more' stick.

Serghei isnt wrong. Of course he doesnt need to run in every match like crazy but in some matches we need 11! players who are defending. 2015 Messi has done it perfectly but since then he walks when he see that the other team is pressing and attacking. I think his stamina isnt as great as we are believing but then he should rest more matches in a season.

gregorrin10

lol have you seen our lineup ? We're winning next CL without a sweat.

With Roberto as RB, Busquets and Raki still together in midfield and fatty Suarez up front and to top it off, still with a coward on our bench? Without a sweat, really? Good luck with that.

We will NEVER win the CL as long as EV is here, that's a FACT! Remember that.

Last edited:

serghei

The state of this post... And I thought you were a decent poster.

:lol: I just wanted to check if you would respond on it.

Relax, I like Messi.

He is lazy though. Crazy talented, but lazy for sure. He would've been the best ever recognized by all if he would be willing to suffer more for his teams on the field. But he doesn't do that sadly. Can't play your best only when everything is rosy around you.

Seriously though, this year I feel he doesn't deserve the Ballon d'Or. And I hope he doesn't win it again until after we win the Champions League.

Last edited:
With Roberto as RB, Busquets and Raki still together in midfield and fatty Suarez up front and to top it off, still with a coward on our bench? Without a sweat, really? Good luck with that.

We will NEVER win the CL as long as EV is here, that's a FACT! Remember that.

Swap those 4 players with Frenk, Artur, Nelsinho and Fortnite, bring in Ney on the left and play Vidal as the 3rd midfielder and we will easily have the best first XI and squad in Europe. That team would be so good it would win the CL in spite of EV's tactics.

serghei

We are still waiting for you to provide an example of an attacker in his 30's who runs significantly more than Messi.

If you have a player that creates everything in your team, does all the playmaking, scores all the goals, performs all the dribbles, then it is wise to ask him to save his energy for doing the aforementioned. But keep beating him over the head with that nonsensical 'he should run more' stick.

Come on, a lot of 30 year-olders run more than Messi. Messi consistently walks even when the ball is in his near vicinity. That is the most serious issue. Nobody asks him to run when the ball is miles away. Off the ball he is almost as if we play with one man less.

Many top managers like Klopp and Pep, wouldn't put up with this btw.

CatalinR10

Come on, a lot of 30 year-olders run more than Messi. Messi consistently walks even when the ball is in his near vicinity. That is the most serious issue. Nobody asks him to run when the ball is miles away. Off the ball he is almost as if we play with one man less.

both of them would give an arm and a leg to have a walking Messi scoring over 50 a season.

serghei

both of them would give an arm and a leg to have a walking Messi scoring over 50 a season.

Sure, based on the belief that they would improve his workrate and off the ball game, as well as use him better tactically. If he would resist that change it would be interesting what would happen, because serious managers impose their way in the end, and the player must follow the instructions.

Last edited:

No, in the big games Messi doesn't walk when the ball is near him. He runs as much as any other player over 30 whose game the entire team goes through. You've got to start naming these mythical players who run like crazy in their 30's and dribble, create, assist, playmaker and score. Players comparative to Messi, like R9, Dinho and Maradona. How much running they do in their 30's?

Klopp and Pep? Both only said last season that Messi is the greatest player of all time. Pep put up with Messi walking in his early 20's and much more ( Pepsi incident ) .

Home of Barca Fans