Lionel Messi - v7

JamDav1982

I was referring to his status as the best player in the world overall for a while regarded by many.

Folk talk a good game but if Balon dor happened this year he would get nowhere near it.

Messi has not been close to likes of KDB or Lewandowski this season. Others as well but those two have clearly been better.

Also have to take his defensive contribution into account and how that impacts the team.

serghei

I was referring to his status as the best player in the world overall for a while regarded by many.

:lol: Come on Luft. For the casual fan, a player only exist when he has the ball. It's as if football is only played when you have the ball and you do stuff with it. The rest is irrelevant. Yea, in that made up fantasy world, Messi is the best in the world.

In the real world, he is nowhere fucking near.

Stoichkov1

Folk talk a good game but if Balon dor happened this year he would get nowhere near it.

Messi has not been close to likes of KDB or Lewandowski this season. Others as well but those two have clearly been better.

Also have to take his defensive contribution into account and how that impacts the team.

Messi has been clearly better than KDB, this humiliation doesn't change the entire season.

Mitchell1978

With him staying here we are just prolonging our misery and kicking the can down the road. It won't get any better with him staying.

I know I sound like a broken record but we need to rebuild NOW. A post-Messi Barca for our own good.

Messi doesn't deserve to end his bar?a career like this and he won't, he might leave for free after next season though if the club doesn't get its act together in the meantime.

malvolio

put him in any of those teams and he's the best in the world. never seen lewandowski or kdb drag a poor team with cow herders as managers.

Horatio

You're welcome
Why would Messi leave if he cares about legacy? People will read it as weakness if he leaves now. He has been with Barca during its heights, easy to abandon ship during its low.

Stoichkov1

:lol: Come on Luft. For the casual fan, a player only exist when he has the ball. It's as if football is only played when you have the ball and you do stuff with it. The rest is irrelevant. Yea, in that made up fantasy world, Messi is the best in the world.

In the real world, he is nowhere fucking near.

In the real world Messi has won the ballon d'or in 2019 playing exactly the same as this year with better numbers. This season I agree he is not the best in the world as Lewandowski has been better but Messi has been by far the best player of the last 15 years with his walking style.

CatalinR10

Why would Messi leave if he cares about legacy? People will read it as weakness if he leaves now. He has been with Barca during its heights, easy to abandon ship during its low.

so first he's a coward for being ,,afraid " to play outside Barcelona and then he's a coward again for potentially leaving it ?

nah , can't have it both ways dawgs

Home of Barca Fans