Lionel Messi - v7

feggydinho

I don't buy the stuff like he leaves so we could be competitive in 10 years, there is no such a thing a 10 years project with zero yield until the end.

Have a good competitive team for CL every year or you have failed.

Aiming to finish at the top 4 is planning for failure.

You'd thing FDJ will stay if Messi's leaves and no serious overhaul is done to finish la ligua 4th place?

No player ever will sign in this team, most of them came just because of Messi's name.

I do agree he needs to leave but not for the same reasons, but knowing he is too emotional Laporta will try to fuck him good.

I dont really agree, have you seen FDJ wages, these players arent just here for Messi. just take a look at Griezmann's wages also, if Messi leaves players would still come and we can still build a team. We make it seem like there was no Barca before Messi, and trust me, Barca still has loyal fans. Most of the players we've been signing for the past years have been coming with huge wages, so we can safely forget that playing-with-messi story. Most likely something for the press

malvolio

I dont really agree, have you seen FDJ wages, these players arent just here for Messi. just take a look at Griezmann's wages also, if Messi leaves players would still come and we can still build a team. We make it seem like there was no Barca before Messi, and trust me, Barca still has loyal fans. Most of the players we've been signing for the past years have been coming with huge wages, so we can safely forget that playing-with-messi story. Most likely something for the press

big wages, nice place to live, posibility of winning trophies. messi is just the cherry on top.

if PSG payed more, FDJ would have went there.

Nazario1985

big wages, nice place to live, posibility of winning trophies. messi is just the cherry on top.

if PSG payed more, FDJ would have went there.

The possibility to win trophies = Messi in the team and that has been the case for a decade.

So unless you change the team completely to break free from Messi dependence, ain't no trophies.

Picture this exact same team without Messi, that's what FDJ will have in mind if Messi leaves this summer, because he also has a career and don't want to loose years from it for nothing, contrary to Messi he didn't grew up in Bar?a so he'll fly to PSG/City given the opportunity in the case described above.

JamDav1982

The last situation when he decided to finish on his own sums it up... he set up almost everyone today and all of them messed it up... so why bother passing at the end...

When was the last time we saw an attack without Messi being involved... maybe years ago

This type of thing gets claimed but when look at key passes Messi was not top.

Ilaix, Griezmann and Dembele had three and Messi had two.. the same as Busquets, Alba and Pjanic.

Folk need to cool the beans on this 'Messi does it all and rest are shite' narrative.

feggydinho

The possibility to win trophies = Messi in the team and that has been the case for a decade.

So unless you change the team completely to break free from Messi dependence, ain't no trophies.

Picture this exact same team without Messi, that's what FDJ will have in mind if Messi leaves this summer, because he also has a career and don't want to loose years from it for nothing, contrary to Messi he didn't grew up in Bar?a so he'll fly to PSG/City given the opportunity in the case described above.

FDj isnt leaving if Messi goes, and we would still attract quality players once we pay them okay, Barca also has good football history which is a plus.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Celta manager is Argentine. Only reason he stopped to greet him. He also played football in Rosario, Messi's hometown.

xxxxxx

Who could have guessed this would age poorly...

Not me. We had a bit of decent form for roughly 5 or 6 weeks, but you could tell our squad isn't good enough.

It's only going to be much worse next season with our squad being 1 year older, the lack of quality, no money to spend and no good manager in charge. Messi has a big decision on his hands. If he stays, he'll be playing in a struggling Barcelona team for the next 3 to 4 years. If he leaves for City or PSG, he has more of a chance of winning every trophy. I think he should choose Man City personally.... because they'll suit his style more, and he'll also playing under a manager who he likes and knows. PSG tends to play more counter-attack, and their squad isn't that great. Besides, I doubt PSG can have Neymar, Mbappe and Messi in the same team due to the FFP.

Home of Barca Fans