Lionel Messi - v7

Vilarrubi

well, both of them are Oldmann now so its to be expected that they wont be as good as they once were

Let’s hope he scores. Would like to think that you would hope he scores too seen as though you are “club over player” and were in such a tight title race. Wouldn’t think you’d be so concerned about who he’s scoring against if you’re as much of a Barca fan as you say you are.

BarcaOG

Banned
Let’s hope he scores. Would like to think that you would hope he scores too seen as though you are “club over player” and were in such a tight title race. Wouldn’t think you’d be so concerned about who he’s scoring against if you’re as much of a Barca fan as you say you are.

Well no, don't get me wrong. Of course I want Messi to score. That's precisely my problem with him, Villarubi: not that he scores, but that there have been too many occasions in which we needed a goal against a tough team and he didn't score.

snowy

Well that's the thing, in football you can't just score at will. Luck plays a huge part. Unlike other sports like basketball or tennis where the chances to impact the outcome are substantially greater.

Can't even think of another sport where Luck or human error (VAR, Refs, teammates not scoring) have a bigger influence on the result.

Just looking at the last Clasico, had the Olympico been just a fraction lower, and Bouze's header had gotten in, Messi would've been hailed as Hero of the Match. Margins between defeat and glory are ridiculously thin, downright anorexic.

Home of Barca Fans