Lionel Messi - v7

Yannik

Messi and Barca both suing the newspaper.

Will wonder how this turns out.

Suing for what is the question. Ronaldo tried to sue Spiegel over their publification of the Football Leaks emails suggesting he had a settlement with an alleged **** victim.
Yet the legal action wasn't about defamation and false claims, it was about illegal access and publification of private documents.

Neeraj

I doubt El Mundo puts that out that if they don't have backing on this. This is not the type of news that goes out blindly.

Yup, and the thing is, while I don't know exactly what Messi is going to sue them for, as far as I know, you cannot sue a media outlet for publishing something of you that they have obtained from a source, unless they broke into his computer to get this. And the club confirming that this is actually the contract, that surely can't help I'd imagine? Lol. But yeah I agree 100% that they have been given the club's full blessing, it's a trend now.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
The leak has done us good imo. The moment Messi leaves, an enormous financial burden will finally be removed. If we manage to get rid of the deadwood like Umtiti, Coutinho and Griezmann on high wages, all the better. We can keep rebuilding.

Neeraj

The leak has done us good imo. The moment Messi leaves, an enormous financial burden will finally be removed. If we manage to get rid of the deadwood like Umtiti, Coutinho and Griezmann on high wages, all the better. We can keep rebuilding.

Not sure about that, I mean yeah I think it's time we part ways as well, but I think Messi was likely to leave anyway. This kind of thing hurts the club's image even more and while it probably ensures he's out of here, I'd rather we stopped leaking things, it's not a good look.

JamDav1982

I spoke shit about tax? By saying that the tax authorities would find this extremely interesting? :lol:

I have noticed that you're the most argumentative person on this forum, you like to argue about anything and everything when you have nothing to argue against.

What did I fabricate exactly :lol: Where did I even mention that Messi has avoided tax again? You come in absolutely clueless about how taxes work and you spout off about some strawman that doesn't exist.

I'm done arguing with you as I have no intention of teaching you how taxes work, you might consult your friends or family on that one, might come in handy.

Yip you clean made up that tax office would be 'rubbing hands with glee' then tried to back it up with irrelevant points.

Not teaching me anything min other than you speak shite and try to find new angle.

Understand taxes fine. Dont you worry about that.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Not sure about that, I mean yeah I think it's time we part ways as well, but I think Messi was likely to leave anyway. This kind of thing hurts the club's image even more and while it probably ensures he's out of here, I'd rather we stopped leaking things, it's not a good look.

To me it seemed like Messi contemplated staying lately. This leak will surely reinforce his desire to leave. Our season can go to shit though if he decides to be sulky again after this :lol:

serghei

Agreed. But that contract shouldn't have been made in the first place. It's obscene.

JamDav1982

Agreed. But that contract shouldn't have been made in the first place. It's obscene.

Further evidence of how terrified they were of upsetting Messi and causing him to leave.

Too many decisions in recent years been made on that basis in my opinion. The board were shit scared of him until last summer.

jamrock

I would call messi greedy if every player at the club didn't have a ridiculous contract.

This is all layer at the feet at bartomeu & his cohorts.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
People blaming “board members” and some folks blame Tusquets? Didn’t all the Baortmeu board members resign already? One of them leaked it to get back at the club? Makes no sense. Tusquets? I don’t think Tusquets would be that audacious and irresponsible to leak this, as his job is to hold the floor and keep the club stable and see to it and there is an election ASAP. Leaking this destabilizes the club tremendously, not just making Messi lose his focus and motivation for the remainder of the season like Neeraj said, it also causes unnecessary stirs within the squad and among other players, especially after they realize how ridiculous Messi’s wages are. To me it makes no sense someone within the club leaked it, unless it was from someone who holds grudges and wants to see the club suffer. It is good that the club will be suing El Mundo, we need to put these leaks to an end before they create more problems for us.

Messi’s wage numbers are really mind-blowing and ridiculous.

Nazario1985

The leaker is surely Barto and the general manager ...

this leak is all good for Messi but hurts ALOT FCB image ...

A lawsuit is in the air against Barto & 3 other previous members of the board + Tuski

The actual board should join him and support this case to clean our image

Last edited:

Daniele

totally deregulated capitalism is obscene not just this single contract.
The very fact that a footballer can earn ten thousand times more than a worker.
And you all wake up with this contract?

CatalinR10

Is this new news to you ?

Does it really surprise you that arguably the goat in the most popular sport in the world can earn this much ? LMAO.

Nazario1985

And you all wake up with this contract?

OMG people turning this into capitalism discussion .... go check US sports contracts for players who last 3-5 years !!!

Everyone knew and KNOW that Messi & Ronaldo are having the biggest contracts it can get ... and in 10 years those contract will sound like a joke !!

Same can be said about some singers right ? comedians too ? how about a trader who got 300mil in 12hours ?.... some people are living in a cave

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans