Philippe Coutinho

gregorrin10

We really need to sell him in January. I really feel like Newcastle is the perfect solution for him and for us. He would be their perfect statement signing this season, to announce the start of a new era, kinda like the likes of Adebayor and Nasri were for City before they started to buy the actual top players, and Coutinho is even Brazilian, so that's even better in terms of being a flashy signing, their fans will surely love it. And his level nowadays will be just what they need to fight off relegation this season before they go on and spend money on actual quality players from next summer to try and break into that top 6. :D And who knows, maybe Coutinho back in the PL actually somehow comes back to life and ends up being a decent signing for them. And since they have money like trash, they could be nice and buy him for like 60M, not just the 10M that he's actually worth. :lol:

Zidane82

Not just me who thinks Coutinho is doing ok now ... with room for improvement of course

::

Philippe Coutinho has been called-up by Brazil for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers. #BRA 🇧🇷

Zidane82

Look I?m not suggesting that Cout has been brilliant but he has been decent especially compared to the rest of the team .

Even our supposedly world class FDJ has struggled in this team ...

They have all been poor apart from maths Gavi in his first few games but even he?s been poor of late . Supposed Superhero Depay has been absolute pants yet It just seems that everyone picks on Coutinho .

He shows desire to move and pass FORWARDS .. he?s in and around the box when we?re attacking , he?s been fairly effective in his link up play showing some lovely touches . Sadly it all gets overlooked because he cost an absolute fortune

Bobo32

Yeah Coutinho continues to have a hard time with space+time and also technique. His decisions are often wrong, surely because of his mental state, we could see hints of this after his goal.
I still think he is showing more promise than Depay. He is also scoring more non penalty goals per minute so far, and he is 10 percentage points better in pass completion, recieving completion, slightly higher dribble success, etc.
He is talented, and could play well potentially.

mc_lovin

Look I?m not suggesting that Cout has been brilliant but he has been decent especially compared to the rest of the team .

Let's assume this is true, and I strongly disagree, but what difference does it make? For his package (wages especially) decent doesn't cut it. I hope we get rid of him in January. The call up to Brazil should help.

Bobo32

Let's assume this is true, and I strongly disagree, but what difference does it make? For his package (wages especially) decent doesn't cut it. I hope we get rid of him in January. The call up to Brazil should help.

I don't really trust the accuracy of these numbers, but please post credible numbers of wages if you are to base your arguments on them!
https://www.thenationalnews.com/spo...re-the-top-earners-now-lionel-messi-has-left/
1. Frenkie de Jong - ?354,000 a week
2. Sergio Busquets - ?258,000 a week
3= Sergio Aguero - ?230,000 a week
3= Memphis Depay - ?230,000 a week
5= Gerard Pique - ?210,000 a week
5= Ousmane Dembele - ?210,000 a week
5= Miralem Pjanic - ?210,000 a week
8. Samuel Umtiti - ?208,000 a week
9. Sergi Roberto - ?170,000 a week
10. Jordi Alba - ?150,000 a week
It is probably true that Depay isn't really "free" however (just as Aguero, who failed miserably last game in doing the one thing he should be able to bring)
Coutinho is on ?146,000 according to another source: https://fcbarcelonalatestnews.com/barcelona-players-list/barcelona-players-contracts/

Whatever the wage and whatever Barcelona should do with Coutinho, it is very beneficial if he plays and plays well, because if he is to be sold Barcelona should get some money for him.

Home of Barca Fans