Philippe Coutinho

Riordon

Coutinho doing great as a 10 in a 4231 with runners around him, imagine my shock.

It was never Valverde's fault he didn't made it here. It's on those who brought him and thought he could do the defensive work to play as a 8 for us and compensation for the lack of defensive work from Suarez and Messi.

FinBarcelonafan

Coutinho doing great as a 10 in a 4231 with runners around him, imagine my shock.

It was never Valverde's fault he didn't made it here. It's on those who brought him and thought he could do the defensive work to play as a 8 for us and compensation for the lack of defensive work from Suarez and Messi.

Exactly. We knew he could be good in certain role but it wasn't available with Barca.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

It's not like anybody forced him from using 4-2-3-1! Hell, the board didn't mind a 4-4-2 for crying out loud!!

However, it required benching Suarez and moving Leo to center; the fraud obviously hasn't got the cajones to do something like that

Donatello

Good for us. Coutinho is either going to come back next season recharged and re-energized and become an important part of us post-Valverde or he is going to be sold to some EPL team to minimize our financial loss. Good for us.

Or he comes back next season. Valverde wastes him for another year and then we sell him for much less

mc_lovin

I am fairly confident we will win the league this season. And enjoying another year of Valverdeball - unless he goes 3 for 3 in the champions league.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Excuse me for a second, but who the fuck stopped the idiot from playing with a #10?

We didn't have wingers to begin with (Dembele was mostly out anyway) and he could've changed the system.

----Coutinho
--Messi--Suarez

We could see the same pattern repeating with Griezmann although the Frenchman is more adapted to the league and works harder.

jamrock

Excuse me for a second, but who the fuck stopped the idiot from playing with a #10?

We didn't have wingers to begin with (Dembele was mostly out anyway) and he could've changed the system.

----Coutinho
--Messi--Suarez

We could see the same pattern repeating with Griezmann although the Frenchman is more adapted to the league and works harder.

Given how much our fullbacks push forward and that he wanted to play with 3 work horses in midfield.

A 4-3-1-2 wouldn't have been a bad idea.

khaled_a_d

Coutinho failed to make some basic plays here in his second season.
Last year he played mostly as an LAM. He had the freedom to move to midfield as he wanted and cut inside. Still done awful.
Never mind he has done well in his 1st few months here as LM/RM.
This was were he played most of his career, he played as a pure no 10 (a position that almost doesn't exist in modern football btw) only in his last 6 months with Liverpool.
May be EV isn't the right coach to deal with him, but to attribute his failure to tactical or positional reasons is far from accurate

Alik

Coutinho failed to make some basic plays here in his second season.
Last year he played mostly as an LAM. He had the freedom to move to midfield as he wanted and cut inside. Still done awful.
Never mind he has done well in his 1st few months here as LM/RM.
This was were he played most of his career, he played as a pure no 10 (a position that almost doesn't exist in modern football btw) only in his last 6 months with Liverpool.
May be EV isn't the right coach to deal with him, but to attribute his failure to tactical or positional reasons is far from accurate

So what do you attribute it to? And how to you explain his performance compared to Liverpool and Bayern?

Jcar

[tw]1176941822251274240[/tw]

images

[tw]1177972884788125696[/tw]

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
[tw]1176941822251274240[/tw]

images

[tw]1177972884788125696[/tw]

Too early to give a verdict after a good show against the mighty Paderborn. We will see how he integrates and progresses as the season goes on.

I wish him success at Bayern only because it will only benefit us.

Jcar

Too early to give a verdict after a good show against the mighty Paderborn. We will see how he integrates and progresses as the season goes on.

I wish him success at Bayern only because it will only benefit us.

He is a good player. He proved himself while playing at Liverpool. He were in a slump here. Valverde's kind of slump.

He may not be a ballon d'oro player, but still good.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans