Philippe Coutinho

FCMessi

There is no chance we get 40m for him. He's currently injured. Not to mention, he hasn't been good for years.

We'll most likely loan him out.

Have to agree.

can't see Everton forking out 35m during this pandemic for a washed up fossil like Coutinho.

behindbrowneyes

If Everton signs him, the deal will be similar to that of James, which is basically "we pay his high salary, therefore you don't get a fee for him".

Careers of James and Coutinho took a similar path. Big money move to Spain, not fulfilling expectations. Loan to Bayern, then back to Spain.

Not an easy decision for Barca. Coutinho still has some book value and gifting him to Everton will result in a loss. If Barca keeps him, they'll have to pay some additional fee to Liverpool.

Last edited:

Morten

If Everton signs him, the deal will be similar to that of James, which is basically "we pay his high salary, therefore you don't get a fee for him".

Careers of James and Coutinho took a similar path. Big money move to Spain, not fulfilling expectations. Loan to Bayern, then back to Spain.

Speaing of which, Everton signing Coutinho makes no sense at all, they already have James.
Technically, they may not share the same position, but they would for sure get in each others way.

behindbrowneyes

Speaing of which, Everton signing Coutinho makes no sense at all, they already have James.
Technically, they may not share the same position, but they would for sure get in each others way.

I couldn't agree more. Also, both are players who don't really fit into a system of modern football and if you got two of them it gets even harder.

Morten

I couldn't agree more. Also, both are players who don't really fit into a system of modern football and if you got two of them it gets even harder.

Yeah, teams playing with a number 10 at the highest level are few and far between these days, it seems like most of them just get pushed out wide(or deeper).

Maybe that role will have a resurgence one day, but not now.

Nazario1985

Am i dreaming too much or is there a chance he can turn the odds and be a top player next season for us ?

With our little budget gotta work with the shit we have !

Andresito

Staff member
Am i dreaming too much or is there a chance he can turn the odds and be a top player next season for us ?

Definitely dreaming :lol: First of all you gotta find a clear position for him. Pedri's?

Catta

If he stays and plays we would need to pay Liverpool 20 mil, and he is not worth that money, he is not worth even paying 5 mil for him.

If we can't sell then release him on a free, just getting rid of him would be a win, in 3 years time he will disappear like Arda did.

behindbrowneyes

That's what we thought and hoped already last summer! We'll have to admit that Barca and Coutinho won't turn into a love story anymore and should cut losses. We already have Griezmann and Leo who are difficult to integrate into a modern system. Keeping Coutinho would make it even worse.

kattanib

Understanding the concept of sunk cost is extremely useful in life; many do not know it or simply ignore it

FinBarcelonafan

Understanding the concept of sunk cost is extremely useful in life; many do not know it or simply ignore it

Yes exactly! He had so many opportunities already and failed. Same with Dembele. Cut your losses and run away. Similar to Gomes/Semedo etc

Btw. We should sell Lenglet too. Hes been bad for a long time. Sell!

JamDav1982

If he stays and plays we would need to pay Liverpool 20 mil, and he is not worth that money, he is not worth even paying 5 mil for him.

If we can't sell then release him on a free, just getting rid of him would be a win, in 3 years time he will disappear like Arda did.

Barca dont have to pay Liverpool 20m.

Liverpool get nothing anyway as they sold the transfer on to third party but even then there is no clause for 20m on more games.

Would be far better if there was but there isnt.

Home of Barca Fans