Ousmane Dembélé

Birdy

They're paying Sane massive wages and renewed Coman for good wages too, don't see them offering a free dembele lower than that else they just came to joke. Though he'll definitely get the bonus he wanted, rumored figure thrown around from bayern right now is 18m

The contrary: I don't see them offering to Dembele anything close to those figures.

Sane is German and they wanted him badly to make him face of the team.
Coman won them UCL and has been there for many years, and even for him negotiations dragged loooong until they come to a compromise.
They are stingy AF with wages

Most likely, when they get the quote from Moussa they will turn to other alternatives.
Only team that can pay up what he (and Moussa) want is PSG

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
They're paying Sane massive wages and renewed Coman for good wages too, don't see them offering a free dembele lower than that else they just came to joke. Though he'll definitely get the bonus he wanted, rumored figure thrown around from bayern right now is 18m

18m is Coman & Sane territory and not that much off from their highest earners of Lewandowski (24m), Mueller and Neuer (20m). If indeed they are offering a newcomer like Dembele that much, then I guess it is a "fuck you" to Gnabry.

I suspect part of the reasons why Bayern is chasing him is some sort of sour revenge for us expressing interest in Lewandowski.

If Dembele goes there, I wish he would flop hard and hard and hard.

feggydinho

The contrary: I don't see them offering to Dembele anything close to those figures.

Sane is German and they wanted him badly to make him face of the team.
Coman won them UCL and has been there for many years, and even for him negotiations dragged loooong until they come to a compromise.
They are stingy AF with wages

Most likely, when they get the quote from Moussa they will turn to other alternatives.
Only team that can pay up what he (and Moussa) want is PSG

So you think they'll offer him something around 12m, he won't accept that if his agent really knows the market plus him being a free agent, 18m in 4 years is 72m which is still less than the transfer fee of Sancho, talk less of adding Sancho salary so I see him easily getting offers of 16m plus.

Joan

Their wingers are on 18m gross. Didn't we offer Dembele something close to 20m gross? As far as I know, taxes are similar (tad lower in Germany) and our offer would still be higher.

feggydinho

Their wingers are on 18m gross. Didn't we offer Dembele something close to 20m gross? As far as I know, taxes are similar (tad lower in Germany) and our offer would still be higher.

I don't think we offered him that, but he's surely not leaving to Bayern if our offer is higher.

Joan

I don't think we offered him that, but he's surely not leaving to Bayern if our offer is higher.

There were reports our offer was close to 20m. Could be wrong. Wanted to say that if they wanted Dembele, they'd need to pay more than 18m.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Gnabry was previously linked to Madrid. Now with Mbappe going there and Vinicius probably moving to the right, I don't see it makes sense for either Madrid or Gnabry himself to do this.

So if Bayern indeed is crazy enough to offer Dembele 18m and possibly more than what we are offering him, while Gnabry is reportedly making only around 9m and, then yes, Gnabry would be a good player to get, if we can manage his salary demand (wanting to be close to Coman & Sane).

topt

Gnabry was previously linked to Madrid. Now with Mbappe going there and Vinicius probably moving to the right, I don't see it makes sense for either Madrid or Gnabry himself to do this.

So if Bayern indeed is crazy enough to offer Dembele 18m and possibly more than what we are offering him, while Gnabry is reportedly making only around 9m and, then yes, Gnabry would be a good player to get, if we can manage his salary demand (wanting to be close to Coman & Sane).

Dembele interest is a pressure tactics on Gnabry; it worked for Coman deal; I dont think Bayern is really interested in Dembele

feggydinho

Dembele interest is a pressure tactics on Gnabry; it worked for Coman deal; I dont think Bayern is really interested in Dembele

I think Barca's offer to Dembele would be the lowest of all his other offers, even Laporta recently said it, that dembele is tempted by other offers he feels are very superior to what we're giving him.

Porque

Other offers will be higher because of the sign on fee. We're not willing to do that out of principle and knock-on for other renewals.

But wage wise, our offer will be one of the best. Maybe even still the best (with the sticking point of Moussa wanting his signing on fee slice) unless PSG go crazay.

Andresito

Staff member
Wouldn't mind getting Gnabry as a Dembele replacement. After all he has proven a lot more than Dembele has and been good in both CL, league and NT.

But of course very unlikely. If Bayern want to sell him I'm sure the big PL clubs will be after him due to him being counted as homegrown in England. Getting him for free in 2023 seems far away as well.

Birdy

So you think they'll offer him something around 12m, he won't accept that if his agent really knows the market plus him being a free agent, 18m in 4 years is 72m which is still less than the transfer fee of Sancho, talk less of adding Sancho salary so I see him easily getting offers of 16m plus.

He can get such offers, but not from Bayern.
PSG possibly, or even Chelsea

Home of Barca Fans