Ousmane Dembélé

khaled_a_d

40% was obviously bullshit even if funny at the time. Was a one time rumour which didn't even pick up.

Seeing articles Dembele was on 11m net sans variables before extending.

Don't know if variables are easily achievable or not. But it's Sport.

Yeah, Alemany has great PR though. Most clubs' seemingly successful executives have similar treatment by the fans.

Sport is awful source though
French sources said he will be basically earn same money but his contract will have good chunk in bonus.
The "connecting the dots" fans (like me :lol: ) thought it is basically the 40% that is add-ons and not salary reduction.

Doubt he had pay raise considering many teams declined going for him.

Joan

Sport is awful source though
French sources said he will be basically earn same money but his contract will have good chunk in bonus.
The "connecting the dots" fans (like me :lol: ) thought it is basically the 40% that is add-ons and not salary reduction.

Doubt he had pay raise considering many teams declined going for him.

Yeah, that is smart. Numbers add up pretty well.

I've seen different sources about his new salary but I don't see a problem with it if the variables are real and meaningful. Helps us with many concerns Dembele comes with.

serghei

I am fine with that. Making it bonus oriented and paying the guy at a competitive level if he delivers the required performance targets we need from him. Plus, plays like shit or he gets injured, he very very likely won't reach any objectives and his salary will indeed by way reduced.

Andresito

Staff member
If Sissoko has a brain the clause in Dembele's contract stipulates that he receives 50% of ANY transfer fee, not just the release clause.

Porque

If Sissoko has a brain the clause in Dembele's contract stipulates that he receives 50% of ANY transfer fee, not just the release clause.

Remember technically that the player pays the release clause. So basically Dembele can go for 50m, then he and the buying club can negotiate how much of Dembeles 50m he gets to keep / give back (excl. Tax ofc).

Messigician

Remember technically that the player pays the release clause. So basically Dembele can go for 50m, then he and the buying club can negotiate how much of Dembeles 50m he gets to keep / give back (excl. Tax ofc).

The player does not pay the release clause...

ajnotkeith

God. Short term deal, 10m net a year, and what could be a 50m release clause if Dembele wishes.

If this news is all true Sissoko has really done over Alemany here.

MTL_Barca

50M for us would still be pretty good for a player on a 1 year contract that wants to leave. Especially considering the alternative was him leaving for free.

Would need to play a hell of a season for this clause, if it even exists, to backfire for us.

The contract length is more likely to be problematic, but considering his inconsistency and injury record a shorter deal was also in the clubs interest.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Spanish press reporting he had some thigh discomfort when the game ended and was getting looked on by the medical staff.

Hopefully it ends up being just some fatigue or cramps and not another round of injuries.....

Home of Barca Fans