Ousmane Dembélé

feggydinho

We offered him a contract with 40% Pay Cut

Lol, if true, imagine forcing him to take this. Neutrally speaking, he'll actually be stupid to take that contract and I think I once read that Barca socio's wanted him out, which is properly fine. There shouldn't be any fuss though if they're offering a 40% wage cut and he's unwilling to take it, I mean it's only normal. Thankfully, the saga is almost over

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

He was very good against Madrid and can still help this team. If he extended his contract he would still be a locked in starter.

He can help the team from the bench.

Just because he was very good does not make him a starter by default. He will only be a starter if first XAvi Laorta sinigng is forced to play number 9 which isnt happening.

He isnt replacing fati who actually scored vs madrid instead of being very good.

FinBarcelonafan

Dembele has his use but he isn't clear starter over Fati/Torres. Add in Depay who has more end product and you see why'd he struggle to start.

Of course, Dembele has his strengths so I would start him in some games where we need his speed for example.

MTL_Barca

40% pay cut doesn't sound so bad when you consider how ridiculously overpaid the dude was for 4,5 years here.

Of course he doesn't have to take it, but still the proposed salary seems a lot more in line with reality than the previous contract that was built on desperation and the hope he may become an elite player.

Last edited:

feggydinho

40% pay cut doesn't sound so bad when you consider how ridiculously overpaid the dude was for 4,5 years here.

Of course he doesn't have to take it, but still the proposed salary seems a lot more in line with reality than the previous contract that was built on desperation and the hope he may become an elite player.

That's valid, my only concern is we making it a big deal when he doesn't accept, 40% wage cut is 6-7m and you'll hardly see a top tier winger within 24-27 accepting that now, even Coman renewed for 17m. The wage cut percentage is still a speculation though

iniestaGOAT

That's valid, my only concern is we making it a big deal when he doesn't accept, 40% wage cut is 6-7m and you'll hardly see a top tier winger within 24-27 accepting that now, even Coman renewed for 17m. The wage cut percentage is still a speculation though

It's also his last year to get paid based on potential. Anyway it's drama no one needs right now so it's gon a be a bif deal anyway

Joan

Bad strategy. Should try to squeeze the best out of him in the coming months. This way you don?t make him leave this January.

He?s a useful player and this team needs someone like him.

Andresito

Staff member
Good that the club is taking a clear stance. Did it with Ilaix and does it with Dembele. No bullshit accepted from any player, not matter who it is.

Porque

40% wage reduction is probably in line with what his other offers will be, it just lacks the sign-on fee that he and his agent both crave.

Short career, Dembele would probably be playing FIFA and working at a supermarket if not a football, and doesn't seem the brightest spark to pro-long a post football career. So in that sense it makes sense for him to milk the cow while he can.

Now back to our offer, I am pretty sure that while it would be a 40% wage reduction, that he would also have clauses such as games played which would enable him to earn much more.

But again, he don't want that when he has a big juicy sign on fee in his hands. And we can only blame ourselves too, we knew the type of character this guy had in the way he left not only Dortmund to us, but also Rennes to Dortmund.

Home of Barca Fans