Ousmane Dembélé

serghei

Dembele is obviously better at beating his man than Salah, it is not even a controversial take. Laplacian has a habit of going to extremes, Dembele is his latest victim - went from twerking for him to thinking he is worse than the likes of Rashford :lol:

I wouldn't say that personally.

Joan

We obviously can't cherrypick what dribbling is and what isn't based on our personal preferences. Dembele is limited in variety but gets the job done pretty consistently in certain situations.

Kul_z

I wouldn't say that personally.

Difference is dembouz has that dribble thing at 1 tier easily, salah is 2nd or 3rd tier, BUT salah goes for the kill once he dribbles, while dembouz pretty much fucks things up. Messi is the only player i ever saw that constantly uses dribbles and goes for the kill instantly and succeed. I'd always remember comparisons between messi and ronaldinho, ronaldinho was flashy but in all honesty lazy, while messi was total brutality, goat was on a mission for a decade at least

Laplacian

You can think what you want but stats are there for a reason, Usain Bolt is the fastest man, and stats back it up. Dribbling is about getting past a player, and I never needed stats to know that Dembele is a better dribbler cause it was obvious by just watching them. Now going by stats Dembele has a 63.3% success rate, Salah has a 41.8% success rate, and Messi 65% success rate, now if the difference between Dembele and Salah was 5-10% i would understand but it's a clear 20% plus difference so i dont even understand your argument. Salah being better than Dembele overall is valid but in dribbling!! That's a big lie and you know it

All that writing and still no video of him dribbling as well as Salah. Fine if you think kicking and running is dribbling, I just have higher standards. Reply when you've got an example. Dembele will probably retire before you're able to get one.

Some elite dribbler he is, can't even dribble inside the box.

Laplacian

Here's a wonderful goal and dribble you'll never see Dembele doing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca81FI6km2g

Smooth stepover, properly weights the ball with each touch so he never loses control of it despite being surrounded by players, intentionally baits 3 players to open up previously closed space, smooth feint, and a composed finish.

But because his "success rate" is lower, he is a worse dribbler than mr. sprint to corner flag and cross.

feggydinho

All that writing and still no video of him dribbling as well as Salah. Fine if you think kicking and running is dribbling, I just have higher standards. Reply when you've got an example. Dembele will probably retire before you're able to get one.

Some elite dribbler he is, can't even dribble inside the box.

If someone needs 20 chances to finish or hit the target and someone else needs 3 chances to finish or hit the target (the more lethal finisher is the one that needs fewer changes), so if someone successfully dribbles his opponent 6 times out of 10 and the other with stepovers, rainbow flicks, and all skill combo dribbles his opponent 4 out of 10 times then the better dribbler is also obvious, the second guy can be more skillful but dribble is dribble (you can google the meaning if you need to), so I don't get your argument cause it isn't rocket science even Salah wouldn't argue it. You won't see Salah's name in a top 20 or top whatever dribbles list except it was probably made by you cause he's not known to be a dribbler

Bobo32

We obviously can't cherrypick what dribbling is and what isn't based on our personal preferences. Dembele is limited in variety but gets the job done pretty consistently in certain situations.

Dembele is pretty much given the Henry role. Henry, who was a terrible player, scored something like 20 goals in that role, giving some assists as well. Dembele doesn't do very much, he just fails and fails and fails. 13 assists did he make, and 2 goals, but what else?

Birdy

It's fairly simple what's going on here.
Bobo and Laplacian have always been Dembele haters,
they are in denial since he exploded under Xavi,

and they have turned into sore losers lately
because their common line of attack (that xStats are 'useless' - tells you all about their understanding of the sport BTW - we want 'real' stats in goals and assists)
went so emphatically to the trash-bin after he became LL top assister

So now they - egregiously - are devising other crap to barricade behind (like that he doesn't dribble with close control and stepover LMAOL :lol: or that he doesn't have the passing % rate of a midfielder)

Let them sink into their hate and misery

Last edited:

Bobo32

It's fairly simple what's going on here.
Bobo and Laplacian have always been Dembele haters,
they are in denial since he exploded under Xavi,

and they have turned into sore losers lately
because their common line of attack (that xStats are 'useless' - tells you all about their understanding of the sport BTW - we want 'real' stats in goals and assists)
went so emphatically to the trash-bin after he became LL top assister

So now they - egregiously - are devising other crap to barricade behind (like that he doesn't dribble with close control and stepover LMAOL :lol: or that he doesn't have the passing % rate of a midfielder)

Let them sink into their hate and misery

Yeah, you are on top now, Birdy! Hey there, winner! Enjoy this time, watching the brilliant Dembele playing brilliantly. It is such fun! Keep posting these scientific refutations too, you truly understand the sport and what is going on! If I ever go to Canada though, I will challenge you in a 1v1 football panna challenge, and I am sure you would be humbled! I know the sport both theoretically and practically! Without outing myself too much, I must say that I used to be on 20 in passing in football manager. Take that! Anyhow, I appreciate your posts, they are sometimes fun to read! Even though I think you went a bit insane sometimes!

Dembele - a talentless fraud.

Bobo32

Lose my number if you don't agree Henry was a terrible Barcelona player.
He was OK of course in Arsenal 2001-2004 or something, if overrated, but he was a fucking disaster to watch in Barcelona. The improvement with Villa was insane!

Home of Barca Fans