Ousmane Dembélé

wisconsincule

Used to shit on him on a daily basis but can't do it this time . He's been really good for almost a year now. He could've had an assist if Busquets actually knew how to finish a chance from a few meters away.

That was such a pathetic attempt. It was like Busquets was the defensive player and he was attempting to clear the ball. So bad.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Double and triple marked all evening. Had a couple of clear 1v1 on the break where he lost the ball though. Those could become clear cut chances if his touch wasn't so heavy. Has to improve. He is always a bambi on ice in away games for some reason

Co0ter

Thank you!

People are quick to hate on him when he loses the ball while assigned with the task of creation despite being double or triple marked,
and no one ever thought that 'hah, why should he always receive the ball AT A DISADVANTAGE, instead of receiving with ADVANTAGE?'

I don't understand the Dembele hate either. Opponents have figured out he's one of the only creative players on the team and has created most of our chances this season. Xavi keeps Dembele isolated out wide, they give him the ball, 3 defenders shift and he's triple covered (at least double). We also have difficulty moving the ball up from defense because they single man mark Busquets all game and he just stands around instead dragging his coverage out of position to make room for others to receive it.

The tactics are very poor without ever any adjustments, that is on Xavi. When the rest of the team isn't being useless and Dembele only has 1 or 2 men at times to take on, he is effective. Imagine that?!

feggydinho

I don't understand the Dembele hate either. Opponents have figured out he's one of the only creative players on the team and has created most of our chances this season. Xavi keeps Dembele isolated out wide, they give him the ball, 3 defenders shift and he's triple covered (at least double). We also have difficulty moving the ball up from defense because they single man mark Busquets all game and he just stands around instead dragging his coverage out of position to make room for others to receive it.

The tactics are very poor without ever any adjustments, that is on Xavi. When the rest of the team isn't being useless and Dembele only has 1 or 2 men at times to take on, he is effective. Imagine that?!

I guess people expect more from him against stubborn defensive teams after seeing the likes of Messi, Neymar create magic for us

JohnN

I guess people expect more from him against stubborn defensive teams after seeing the likes of Messi, Neymar create magic for us

Yes, that was my point too. He is worse than those players and other stars we had in the past. All team is worse. And we just can't get over it.
We had aspirations to not get mauled by Bauer. Again, and suddenly it was a disaster not to win.
Expectations should be much lower.

serghei

Yes, that was my point too. He is worse than those players and other stars we had in the past. All team is worse. And we just can't get over it.
We had aspirations to not get mauled by Bauer. Again, and suddenly it was a disaster not to win.
Expectations should be much lower.

Well said.

Co0ter

Even Messi and Neymar struggled vs parked buses. People forget Suarez was a creative force for Liverpool too. They also played with Xavi and Iniesta.

The glaring problems are the ones I mentioned. Xavi plans all the build up from midfield to go through Busquets, and if he gets single man marked all game, the midfield is completely disjointed. Busquets just stands around and accepts being marked.

This forces us to feed the ball to the wings since we cant control or penetrate from the middle, even on counters. When out wide, Dembele gets double or triple marked and offensive contribution comes to a halt.

It's easy to come to this conclusion after even watching one fucking game. Yet Xavi has watched it happen half the season and hasnt done anything about it .

feggydinho

He's being involved in all our positive moments in the first half so far, don't know why we don't make use of his speed by throwing ball up front for him to chase often cause he's been making runs.

Home of Barca Fans