Ousmane Dembélé

Neeraj

The simple question is who's the plan A in the current team?

We'll have to get some quality forwards again though

Agreed - we need to get rid of Demebele (say for 50M + high wages) and buy another wide player. Don't see any way around it.

pers

So what useful thing did Barca do when he left the wing and waited in the box in the last 6 minutes? Or what useful thing did they do in the other wing. Team literally needs to be more creative, and they tend pass to Dembele most times since nothing else was working. Same thing almost ppened against Mallorca.

Doesn't also help as we were robbed of a penalty yesterday (there's a clip that shows it fully), so that's 2 important decisions in 2 UCL games gone wrong now

That's exactly my point. There was no other tactics at all. All the time I hear how good Pedri or Gavi is but Barca plays all the time same scheme - pass to the winger and let's see what will happen.

Co0ter

That's exactly my point. There was no other tactics at all. All the time I hear how good Pedri or Gavi is but Barca plays all the time same scheme - pass to the winger and let's see what will happen.

I'm sure it is partly Xavi's tactics (to pass to the wings and pray they cross or create something) and the other is...like I've said before, Gavi just really isnt that good. He's a bulldog and fights and presses all game sure, but he adds almost nothing offensively and very little creatively. He never runs into space to ask for the ball.

Gavi and Pedri (who is clearly the more gifted player) mostly just stand around in the middle of midfield, not making runs or moving into empty spaces, and the defense looks to Busquets to move the ball forward, but teams have figured out they can stick ONE player on Busquets and his lazy ass now cant recieve the ball since he just stands around.

Teams have learned to do ONE thing, single man mark Busquets, and Xavi's tactics are unraveled with no adjustments made. Midfield needs to be fluid, everyone is just standing around flinging it to the wings and hoping for the best.

It's just awful.

Neeraj

While I've been sceptical of Xavi and completely agree that his tactics are basically awful, I think we also need to let Dembele go. I think both issues exist simultaneously, and I don't care who we get to coach us - Dembele needs to go (long term). He still has to start this whole season as he's the only one who tries anything really and it's often good enough for the La Liga cannon fodder. Can you imagine Pep watching on as Dembele loses ball after ball after ball after ball and runs into traffic like a brainless zombie? :lol:

Total-Football

He went from a horrible to player to an average player this year and people wet their pants. This illusionist somehow still causes people some dilusion apparently.

ajnotkeith

While I've been sceptical of Xavi and completely agree that his tactics are basically awful, I think we also need to let Dembele go. I think both issues exist simultaneously, and I don't care who we get to coach us - Dembele needs to go (long term). He still has to start this whole season as he's the only one who tries anything really and it's often good enough for the La Liga cannon fodder. Can you imagine Pep watching on as Dembele loses ball after ball after ball after ball and runs into traffic like a brainless zombie? :lol:

Pep doesn't put his players in a situation where they have to constantly try and beat double and triple teams because the 10 other players on the field have no idea what to do.

Tackle

Staple his arse to the bench for a few matches. Only time Dembele plays well is when he feels he has something to prove.

Givenchy

Staple his arse to the bench for a few matches. Only time Dembele plays well is when he feels he has something to prove.

Won't work, this wasn't about Dembele having nothing to prove or not trying.. that was pure brainlessness last night. We can expect for every 3 Dembele games we will get a Dumbele in there also.

Birdy

Pep doesn't put his players in a situation where they have to constantly try and beat double and triple teams because the 10 other players on the field have no idea what to do.

Thank you!

People are quick to hate on him when he loses the ball while assigned with the task of creation despite being double or triple marked,
and no one ever thought that 'hah, why should he always receive the ball AT A DISADVANTAGE, instead of receiving with ADVANTAGE?'

CatalinR10

Used to shit on him on a daily basis but can't do it this time . He's been really good for almost a year now. He could've had an assist if Busquets actually knew how to finish a chance from a few meters away.

JohnN

Too wasteful with crosses and to individualistic overall. Had plenty of chances to cut back or pass across that he wasted by dribbling into people and turning until he lost the ball.

Another thing he always does is lose the ball without pressure because he is not careful with casual passes and because of overdribbling anywhere on the pitch instead of making a simple 5 meter pass.

He could be really dangerous if he fixed those issues. Do you guys believe it's possible? I don't believe it. I think he has landed on his level, which is pretty good for most teams. Unfortunately we have been spoiled from our past.

Iniesta Ultra

Thanks for the laugh.

Home of Barca Fans