Ousmane Dembélé

feggydinho

2021-10-18-ENTRENO-08-min.JPG

Fifth time lucky. Let's go

Just a matter of days now before the dark prince returns to dominate football, as the saying goes "Let God have mercy on their souls, because dembouz wont."

Messigician

Bartomeu [Former President] told TV3: ?We had the opportunity to sign Mbappe, but the technical staff preferred Ousmane Demb?l? because they wanted a player who could open up the field? #Transfers 🇫🇷

Bartomeu: ?Some players who cost a lot didn?t meet the expectations, this is normal in football. At the time, these 2 signings were applauded by all ? Coutinho came because Iniesta was leaving, he was the best in England. Dembele came due to Neymar?s exit? #Transfers 🇧🇷🇫🇷

Rassvet

Bartomeu [Former President] told TV3: ?We had the opportunity to sign Mbappe, but the technical staff preferred Ousmane Demb?l? because they wanted a player who could open up the field? #Transfers ����

Bartomeu: ?Some players who cost a lot didn?t meet the expectations, this is normal in football. At the time, these 2 signings were applauded by all ? Coutinho came because Iniesta was leaving, he was the best in England. Dembele came due to Neymar?s exit? #Transfers ��������

Forum de amigos preferred Dembele over Mbappe as well tbf

feggydinho

Bartomeu [Former President] told TV3: ?We had the opportunity to sign Mbappe, but the technical staff preferred Ousmane Demb?l? because they wanted a player who could open up the field? #Transfers ����

Bartomeu: ?Some players who cost a lot didn?t meet the expectations, this is normal in football. At the time, these 2 signings were applauded by all ? Coutinho came because Iniesta was leaving, he was the best in England. Dembele came due to Neymar?s exit? #Transfers ��������

Honestly, it made sense at that time cause Dembele was shining, and could use two feet to dribble and create, plus he played more like a winger as opposed to Mbappe who was more like a Striker and we were in for a winger as we had Suarez. hence I don't really blame the board for going for Dembele. Griezmann on the other hand was avoidable as we all knew his profile wasn't needed.

jamrock

I don't know many on here who preferred Dembele to Mbappe, but many myself included thought he was 2nd only to Mbappe at the time, which is why I have never critized the signing.

Coutinho & Griezmann on the other hand, where horric signings that he can never live down.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Forum de amigos preferred Dembele over Mbappe as well tbf

He had more potential being Ambipedal with pace and trickery. Mbappe was more direct and one dimensional in comparison.
Its totally understandable that we preferred Dembele to Mbappe at the time.
Unfortunately for us the scouting department didn't look at drive and professionalism.

I was personally enraged when we signed him because of the fee rather than him being bought as I though he may have been worth the risk (50m max) if he could develop like with a lot of young players.

hind sight is 20/20 and these fucking retarded hot takes are dumb as fuck.

FinBarcelonafan

I don't know many on here who preferred Dembele to Mbappe, but many myself included thought he was 2nd only to Mbappe at the time, which is why I have never critized the signing.

Coutinho & Griezmann on the other hand, where horric signings that he can never live down.

Griezmann was the worst signing out of all three. Basically we bought him because we could. No purpose behind it in terms of team planning.

Coutinho was very good player.

malvolio

It would be amazing he comes back playing brilliantly!

:lol:

this forum has went through excitement->denial->disappointment about 576 times already with the likes of coutinho/griezmann/dembele. its as if memory is erased every couple of months and we go back to believing that this bum will amount to anything.

MTL_Barca

Bartomeu [Former President] told TV3: ?We had the opportunity to sign Mbappe, but the technical staff preferred Ousmane Demb?l? because they wanted a player who could open up the field? #Transfers 🇫🇷

Bartomeu: ?Some players who cost a lot didn?t meet the expectations, this is normal in football. At the time, these 2 signings were applauded by all ? Coutinho came because Iniesta was leaving, he was the best in England. Dembele came due to Neymar?s exit? #Transfers 🇧🇷🇫🇷

It's definitely not "normal in football" to buy not only, but actually 3 of the most expensive players of all time and have them all flop spectacularly.

Barto is way too humble, this is truly something special and we may never see this again. First we had Xavi-Iniesta-Busi in midfield, then MSN in attack and when we all thought there won't be a legendary trio again Barto pulled a masterclass and created the ultimate trio of failure in Dembele-Coutinho-Griezmann.

We should all take a step back and appreciate that we were blessed enough to witness history.

Leong157

At the time, he seemed like a good choice. The problem is the PRICE. Every club have several flop players. It's just that all our flops are ridiculously expensive.

Home of Barca Fans